Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Free Dr. Pepper for everyone in America:

LOS ANGELES (AP) - Dr Pepper is making good on its promise of free soda now that the release of Guns N' Roses' Chinese Democracy is a reality.

The soft-drink maker said in March that it would give a free soda to everyone in America if the album dropped in 2008. Chinese Democracy, infamously delayed since recording began in 1994, goes on sale Sunday.

"We never thought this day would come," Tony Jacobs, Dr Pepper's vice president of marketing, said in a statement. "But now that it's here, all we can say is: The Dr Pepper's on us."

Beginning Sunday at 12:01 a.m., coupons for a free 20-ounce soda will be available for 24 hours on Dr Pepper's website. They'll be honored until Feb. 28.

Dr Pepper is owned by Dr Pepper Snapple Group, Inc.

http://www.usatoday.com/life/music/news/2008-11-20-dr-pepper-gunsroses_N.htm

For Dr Pepper fans....

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Can't stand the stuff myself, but there was a thread about Winter where people were extolling Dr Pepper.  Plus Jim said it was the official drink of D&D.

Betsy

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Bacardi Jim said:
Sorry. I saw the thread title and my brain just went there. ;)
Cute, Jim. It took me a few times to read and re-read the banner before I
figured it out and got 'the point'.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Jeff said:
Dr Pepper's introduction in 1885 preceded the introduction of Coca-Cola by one year. It was formulated by German pharmacist Charles Alderton in Morrison's Old Corner Drug Store in Waco, Texas. To test his new drink, he first offered it to store owner Wade Morrison, who also found it to his liking.
Thank you, Jeff,
You are quite the History Buff ;)

--sailor

·
Registered
9,762 Posts
Bacardi Jim said:
^^ I knew this was coming. ::)

;)
sailor said:
Thank you, Jeff,
You are quite the History Buff ;)

--sailor
Bacardi Jim said:
He lives around the corner from the museum. ;)
Actually my post was indeed tongue-in-cheek since I live near Waco, Texas and the Dr. Pepper Museum is perhaps Waco's only recent claim to fame. (Other than the David Koresh debacle.)

EDIT: Note that I made no mention of my neighbor, George W. Bush, while BJ was on this thread. Now that Jim's gone on to other things…

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Jeff said:
:)

Actually that was a little tongue-in-cheek since I live in Waco, Texas and the Dr. Pepper Museum is perhaps our only claim to fame. (Other than the David Koresh debacle.)
Oh yes, you do live in Waco. But David Koresh lived in Wacko.

1 - 20 of 88 Posts