Kindle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so y'all know how sheets & other bed linens are now sometimes coming in fabric pouches made of the same fabric? I got some pillowcases recently that came in one of those fabric pouches, as I looked at it I thought "This looks like my Sony Pocket reader would slip right in." Sure enough, it did - and the blue & cream of the sheets even kinda matches the cover on the Sony.

Yesterday I picked up a fitted full-size sheet in one of those pouches - and lo & behold my nook (in Oberon cover) fits in there. Not quite long enough for my Kindle, but a slightly bigger one would probably work. I'm not suggesting you run out and buy sheets just to get a fabric sleeve - just a suggestion for thinking outside the box about something that might be in your house already. I doubt I'll use one for anything but the Sony, actually - I've carried Kindle & nook in my purses for ages with no cover. But the Sony cover seems a bit more vulnerable, plus it doesn't have any magnets to keep it closed like the standard Sony covers do, so this helps protect the Sony too.

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
Aren't you clever?  I love finding uses for things that would ordinarily be thrown in the trash.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Awesome idea.  I will have to look when I go to town next time if they sell pillowcases in a fabric bag.  I know that I have bought sheets that way and I use the bag to keep the sets in.  I have also used those bags to slide shoes into when traveling to keep other objects around them clean.  If you couldn't fit the kindle in it, I bet it would also make a great accessory bag for your kindle charger, light, etc. 

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Oh this is so cute!  What a clever woman you are!!  I have re-purposed these bags... but never thought about my Kindle.  Don't have a Sony or Nook..... but I'm going to be more observant from now on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts