Kindle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Link: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00R7EMRXA

Free 3/13/15

While knocking back illegal drinks with his friends at the hallowed Orangetown Pickers' college football stadium, average kid Joe Black finds himself desperately trying to save the life of a beautiful dark haired woman after a deadly explosion violently interrupts his fun and games. While trying to fathom why he would even do something so reckless he soon finds himself entangled in a dangerous game of terrorist plots, mistaken identities, hard boiled detectives, the criminal underworld, and of all things magic as he tries to escape with his life and make sense of it all.

Joe faces many challenges from all new enemies, assassins, and even his own friends. Can Joe navigate all this danger, escape with his life, and handle his biggest challenge to date, finding something about himself that is truly extraordinary? Find out within the pages of Average Joe and the Extraordinaires.

#3 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Men's Adventure
#4 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > New Adult & College

Reviews:

"I'm thoroughly surprised with this book. Usually I spend a week on a new book, slowly savoring all the details, characters, and the world in it. But this one didn't leave me a choice.
The excitement was so strong, I'd probably just read it in one sleepless night (if I didn't pass out after 4 hours). It reminded me of my teen age years when there was no goodreads and such, and to find a good action novel like this one was a true miracle. Especially, when the ending actually makes sense and brings more magic into reading. I think it's a perfect book for both kids and teenagers, with no excessive violence and yet interesting, but what's more important is that it can be a fun reading for adults, too.
The characters are realistic and believable, the writing is remarkably descriptive for such a fast-paced book, so there's no chance for boredom once you start reading. The ideas behind it never fully unfold, and it's mysterious and fascinating, never satisfying your curiosity about the world that the author has created. The plot that seems simple in the beginning, grows complex but not overly complicated by the end.
I can't remember the last time a story had my full attention like this one and can't wait to read the second part of it!"

"I don't usually leave extremely high praise on Amazon but in this case it deserves it. Wright has written a brilliantly paced novel with some traditional aspects, and some extremely nontraditional aspects. Above all, the writing was actually witty. I didn't realise just how important that is to a story until I came across this. I always assumed plot was more important than composition, but in this case, not so. While the plot is extremely original, (Joe's dialogue is fantastic), the writing itself is crisp and deliciously comical at unexpected moments. There are lots of old themes turned new themes here, redone in unique ways such as the damsel in distress, the wayward youth etc. Still, they were executed brilliantly and left me absolutely satisfied by the novel's conclusion. Highly recommended. "

·
Super Moderator
67,396 Posts
Welcome to KBoards, Or Welcome Back ;) OR Hi, glad you're still here. :D Congratulations on the book! :)

Much of what follows you should already be aware of, as it was included in the information you agreed to when you signed up. So please consider this to be just a friendly reminder. :) (The posting of this 'welcome letter' doesn't mean you've done anything wrong; we just want you to have a ready reference, so we post this note in every thread. :) )

KBoards is a Fan forum for Readers, Writers and Kindle Lovers. Authors are always welcome to post anywhere but, as you browse the 'boards, please keep in mind that self-promotion, of any sort, is ONLY allowed here in the Book Bazaar.

A brief recap of our rules follows:

--Please bookmark this thread (using your browser's bookmark/favorite function or the Kboards bookmark tool available on each thread) so you can update it as we ask that authors have only one thread per book and add to it when there is more information. You may start a separate thread for each book (or you may have one thread per series of books, or one thread for all of your books, it's your choice).

--We invite you to use your book cover as your avatar and have links to your book and website in your signature. Instructions are posted here

--While you may respond to member posts to your thread at any time, you may only bump your thread (back-to-back posts by you) once every seven days. Once you've responded to a member, that resets the clock to zero and you must wait seven days to post, unless another member posts before then.

--We ask that Amazon reviews not be repeated here as they are easy to find at your book link. Also, full reviews from other sites should not be posted here, but you may post a short blurb and a link to the full review instead.

--Although self-promotion is limited to the Book Bazaar, our most successful authors have found the best way to promote their books is to be as active throughout KBoards as time allows. This is your target audience--book lovers with Kindles! Please note that putting link information in the body of your posts outside the Book Bazaar constitutes self promotion; please leave your links for your profile signature that will automatically appear on each post. For information on more ways to promote here on KBoards, be sure to check out this thread:
Authors: KBoards Tips & FAQ.

All this, and more, is included in our Forum Decorum. Be sure to check it from time to time for the current guidelines and rules.

Thanks for being part of KBoards! Feel free to send us a PM if you have any questions.

Betsy & Ann
Book Bazaar Moderators

1 - 2 of 2 Posts