Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi KB Gang,

In an effort to build up a bit more interest in the Genre Pulse service I have decided to make a one time use 100% off coupon available for anyone who wants it.

I'll probably run this promo until the end of the month. Normally, I allow unlimited availabilty for the $10 app only promotions, but as I don't want to swamp the schedule with too many free bookings too quickly I have limited the app only promo to 15 per day for now. So grab the slots while you can.

Instructions for this can be found by visiting http://bit.ly/GPSpecial

Thanks all!

James

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
I'm in.

This is a great idea on your part. I've been debating for about a week on whether I should try Genre Pulse or not.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Briteka said:
I'm in.

This is a great idea on your part. I've been debating for about a week on whether I should try Genre Pulse or not.
Thanks, I hope it gives people a good opportunity to try it. I just cross my fingers that 15 per day on apps only promo isn't too much, and it dilutes the effectiveness a bit? I normally have about 8-10 app only bookings per day, so it shouldn't be too bad. It's free anyway, so worth a shot! :)

·
Registered
788 Posts
James Fraser said:
Thanks, I hope it gives people a good opportunity to try it. I just cross my fingers that 15 per day on apps only promo isn't too much, and it dilutes the effectiveness a bit? I normally have about 8-10 app only bookings per day, so it shouldn't be too bad. It's free anyway, so worth a shot! :)
Thanks so much! I'm excited to try you guys out :)

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Julz said:
Thanks so much! I'm excited to try you guys out :)
No probs, Julz.

Obviously, the $30 campaigns are more impactful as they include the email list as well as the apps. I just couldn't do this free promo for the full campaigns as they are limited to five slots per day and doing more than that would have lead to the double whammy of diluting the effectiveness of paying client's campaigns and pissing off my email subscribers.

·
Registered
788 Posts
James Fraser said:
No probs, Julz.

Obviously, the $30 campaigns are more impactful as they include the email list as well as the apps. I just couldn't do this free promo for the full campaigns as they are limited to five slots per day and doing more than that would have lead to the double whammy of diluting the effectiveness of paying client's campaigns and p*ss ing off my email subscribers.
That makes sense. I wanted to see how both played out, so I'll do the app promo first and then the $30 campaign for my next promo :)

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
I've used both the $10 and the $30 campaign and would use both again. The $30 one gave a great boost to my book Flight to Mars which is free right now.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
James Fraser said:
I'll probably run this promo until the end of the month. Normally, I allow unlimited availabilty for the $10 app only promotions, but as I don't want to swamp the schedule with too many free bookings too quickly I have limited the app only promo to 15 per day for now. So grab the slots while you can.
If I understand correctly, only the empty slots between Mar. 25 through (probably) Mar. 31, 2015 are available for this coupon, right? (I don't think you mean for us to grab the coupon by Mar. 31 and use it any time.)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Even for free, I would be hesitant to use this service.  James spammed his mailing list a week ago with affiliate products.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
YoMama said:
Even for free, I would be hesitant to use this service. James spammed his mailing list a week ago with affiliate products.
Yeah, thanks for that, YoMama. I bent over backwards to say sorry for ONE TIME I sent out ONE not very good product recommendation to MY OWN list! Since then I made a point about never sending any non-Genre Pulse related posts. There's a whole thread about it on here. I was simply trying to fill my buyer list with some other Kindle marketing info. I'd hardly call that spamming!

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Racetrack said:
If I understand correctly, only the empty slots between Mar. 25 through (probably) Mar. 31, 2015 are available for this coupon, right? (I don't think you mean for us to grab the coupon by Mar. 31 and use it any time.)
Racetrack, yes the apps only calendar is full to 31st, but the coupon, when you receive it, will be redeemable for any time. Thanks, J

·
Registered
324 Posts
Scheduled. Thank you James!

KL, enter your email address in the Coupon Code box after filling out your info on promo site. You won't be charged.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts