Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MaidenFlight (Kindle Edition)
by Bianca D'Arc (Author)

Haven't read it, so can't comment on it, but it's free for the downloading.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Thanks for the notice, FearNot! Here's the description:

War is coming for the knights, dragons, and a damsel who is not quite in distress, but finds her heart's desire in the strong men of the Border Lair. A chance meeting with a young male dragon seals the fate of one adventurous female poacher. The dragon's partner, a ruggedly handsome knight named Gareth, takes one look at the shapely woman and decides to do a little poaching of his own.

Sir Gareth not only seduces her, but falls deeply in love with the girl who is not only unafraid of dragons but also possesses the rare gift to hear their silent speech. He wants her for his mate, but mating with a knight is no simple thing. To accept a knight, a woman must also accept the dragon, the dragon's mate... and her knight too.

She is at first shocked, then enticed by the lusty life in the Lair. War is in the making and only the knights and dragons have a chance at ending it before it destroys their land and their lives. But there's nothing a knight enjoys more than a noble quest and winning the heart and trust of a maiden is the noblest quest of all.

This title has been previously published.

Warning, this title contains explicit sex and menage-a-trois.

·
Registered
23 Posts
thanks for the description on this one, leslie..i'm so used to hitting the 1-click button without paying attention to content...gonna have to pass this time!..

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
I was so EXCITED to see "free",  :) I immediately one-clicked. After reading your description this isn't my cup of tea so I will delete. Thanks for the heads up.

Linda

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
MaidenFlight (Kindle Edition)
by Bianca D'Arc
Product Description
War is coming for the knights, dragons, and a damsel who is not quite in distress, but finds her heart's desire in the strong men of the Border Lair. A chance meeting with a young male dragon seals the fate of one adventurous female poacher. The dragon's partner, a ruggedly handsome knight named Gareth, takes one look at the shapely woman and decides to do a little poaching of his own.
Sir Gareth not only seduces her, but falls deeply in love with the girl who is not only unafraid of dragons but also possesses the rare gift to hear their silent speech. He wants her for his mate, but mating with a knight is no simple thing. To accept a knight, a woman must also accept the dragon, the dragon's mate... and her knight too.

She is at first shocked, then enticed by the lusty life in the Lair. War is in the making and only the knights and dragons have a chance at ending it before it destroys their land and their lives. But there's nothing a knight enjoys more than a noble quest and winning the heart and trust of a maiden is the noblest quest of all.

This title has been previously published.

Warning, this title contains explicit sex and menage-a-trois.

http://www.amazon.com/MaidenFlight/dp/B000R93D4Y/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=digital-text&qid=1226382869&sr=1-1

·
Registered
165 Posts
Wow! I just got a free birtday present for my Kindle! Thank you!

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
kindle mom said:
thanks for the description on this one, leslie..i'm so used to hitting the 1-click button without paying attention to content...gonna have to pass this time!..
I am with you Kinkle Mom... I can overlook a lot sometimes and read past rough language, etc., but explicit?? Free or not, I would rather pay for a decent read than accept free garbage. No offense to those who wish to read this book, it is just my opinion.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My apologies to all.

I need to read the description more carefully. Wouldn't have posted this if I'd noticed the disclaimer at the bottom.  :-\

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
FearNot said:
My apologies to all.

I need to read the description more carefully. Wouldn't have posted this if I'd noticed the disclaimer at the bottom. :-\
No apology needed, FearNot! Personally, I like erotic romance and have enjoyed some of the freebies from Samhain. This one just sounded a little too much fantasy for my taste.

I think we should make everyone aware of every free offer and let folks decide individually whether they want to download them or not. We're all grownups here, after all!

L

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Leslie said:
No apology needed, FearNot! Personally, I like erotic romance and have enjoyed some of the freebies from Samhain. This one just sounded a little too much fantasy for my taste.

I think we should make everyone aware of every free offer and let folks decide individually whether they want to download them or not. We're all grownups here, after all!

L
Exactly! As a consumer, I need to remember to actually READ the description, not just download a book because it's free; Amazon puts the info there for me to find. I do want to know about the books so I can make my OWN decision! Keep on posting!

Betsy

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
FearNot said:
My apologies to all.

I need to read the description more carefully. Wouldn't have posted this if I'd noticed the disclaimer at the bottom. :-\
No need to apologize. I was just stating my opinion and I am grateful for the the disclosure statement... It gives me and others the option of whether or not to download.

Betsy the Quilter said:
Exactly! As a consumer, I need to remember to actually READ the description, not just download a book because it's free; Amazon puts the info there for me to find. I do want to know about the books so I can make my OWN decision! Keep on posting!

Betsy
Nicely stated... I did download a free book and a couple of samples without reading full descriptions and wish I hadn't... I am paying closer attention now!

·
Registered
4,791 Posts
LOL  No, not with a dragon...just two guys and a gal.  Just read it tonight, it's okay.  A little too much gratuitous sex, but just enough of a story line to keep it together. I'm fine with erotic romance generally as long as there's actually something of a plot to go along with it...

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Has anyone actually download/started reading this yet? I hesitate to needlessly slam an author's hard work, but this one just doesn't capture my interest - even though "free" is usually a pretty strong temptation for me.

·
Registered
177 Posts
CS said:
Has anyone actually download/started reading this yet? I hesitate to needlessly slam an author's hard work, but this one just doesn't capture my interest - even though "free" is usually a pretty strong temptation for me.
I downloaded it and started reading it before I really read the review.

Lots of sex. And threesomes. I have moved on to other books and haven't finished that one and don't really plan on it. Steamy threesome dragon rider romance is not my cup of tea. The writing wasn't that remarkable either haha. Maybe it will appeal to other people though. :-\

·
Registered
509 Posts
Snapcat said:
I downloaded it and started reading it before I really read the review.

Lots of sex. And threesomes. I have moved on to other books and haven't finished that one and don't really plan on it. Steamy threesome dragon rider romance is not my cup of tea. The writing wasn't that remarkable either haha. Maybe it will appeal to other people though. :-\
I'm going to wait for the direct-to-CD movie.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts