Here is today's selection of free and bargain Kindle books!

Love and Adventure Collection - Part 2 (Love and Adventure Boxed Sets), by Jennifer Blake. (Still free?)

Jennifer Blake fans, here's something special from this icon of romance: a boxed set of 3 of Jennifer's historical romances!

It includes Notorious Angel, Golden Fancy (a national bestseller), and Surrender in Moonlight (a NYT Bestseller).

Normally priced at $7.95, you can get this free today!

Blockade runners, soldiers and gamblers: Men of adventure who live hard and love harder, yet still crave the one thing these determined heroines have left to give. Three complete bestselling novels by one of the genre's true greats.

SURRENDER IN MOONLIGHT
Despair sends Lorna into the arms of a daring blockade runner in a deserted house, while Ramon's caresses are driven by retribution. Forced together during a harrowing flight from war-torn Louisiana, they discover the heart's-ease of passion--but can they escape the danger that awaits them on the high seas?

NOTORIOUS ANGEL
Eleanora is a respectable lady, widow of a Spanish grandee, former angel of mercy to the wounded in war-ravaged Central America--and keeper of a precious secret. She was also once the mistress of Colonel Grant Farrell. And the hardened soldier is coming for her....

GOLDEN FANCY
Serena never planned to wind up a gambler's woman and the toast of a gold rush town. Ward is beguiled by her innocence, but too scarred by the past to offer more than protection. Will their fragile bond survive as murder and madness close in around them?

SECTOR C, by Phoenix Sullivan. (Still free?)

We love medical thrillers, and can't wait to read this one. Highly-rated, and described as an "intelligent thriller" and a "solid mystery." Get this free today!

"A fun, fast-paced technothriller! Sector C starts slowly with a lot of viewpoints. There's a lot of information to take in. But the reader is rewarded: once the story starts moving, this techno-thriller lives up to the genre. The near-future scenario is easy to imagine and the medical response and corporate motivations all too believable. At its heart, though, this novel is about hope." -- Sylia Wrigley, Amazon reviewer

Amazon Top 100 (April 2012)
#2 Medical Thriller on Amazon (January 2012)

A rise in stroke-like cases has CDC analyst Mike Shafer on alert. Patients in every demographic in the Great Plains area, from toddlers to healthy adults to the elderly, are succumbing to rapid deterioration - and death.

Veterinarian Donna Bailey, meanwhile, is dealing with an outbreak of her own. It looks like mad cow disease. But to be affecting so many species? Impossible.

Whatever it is, it's spreading. Fast.

As state and federal agencies race to contain the growing threats, Mike and Donna's searches for Patient Zero intersect at a big-game compound in a remote corner of North Dakota. There they find their answer buried in a secret thought extinct for 10,000 years. A secret entrepreneur Walt Thurman will kill to protect.

But even if Mike and Donna can escape the compound with the secret of Sector C, it may already be too late.

Because after today, extinct no longer means forever.

Ripped from today's research and tomorrow's headlines, SECTOR C is a near-future medical thriller that fans of Michael Crichton and Robin Cook are sure to enjoy.
256 pages, with a 4.2-star rating from 60 reviews.

Darby Stansfield Thriller Collection, by Ty Hutchinson. (Still free?)

Got enough thrills yet? No? Okay, here are the first 3 books from the Darby Stanfield thriller series - 1,000 pages in total - and free for you today!

"Readers have described the series as Tarantino meets The Office with a splash of romance."

"If you like a recurring character I would highly recommend this series. At first, I found Darby Stansfield to be a bit flawed but I quickly grew to like him. Deciding to work with the underworld to make money isn't the smartest decision but Darby doesn't always make the best decisions...I liked that. These books are and easy read. From San Francisco to Russia to the north shore of Hawaii, I would definitely follow Darby Stansfield to a fourth location." -- Tanya, Amazon reviewer

The first three books in the wildly popular Darby Stansfield Thriller series are now available as a bundled set.

The bundle includes the following novels:

CHOP SUEY - 2nd Edition
When disgraced sales associate Darby Stansfield discovers he has six months to save his job, he does what any normal person would do. He freaks.

Desperate to resurrect his career at Teleco Wireless, Darby conjures up an international scheme filled with the promise of endless, high-spending clients. It's brilliant, it's international, it would have his boss snooping and his best friend sweating, but it has Darby on a plane to Hong Kong where he signs his latest client, a Chinese gang.

Meanwhile, bodies are piling up in San Francisco and Darby has no idea that his brilliant plan has just put him on collision course with the killer.

To make matters worse, those closest to him find themselves caught up in his dangerous plan. Darby must now make a tough decision -- give up on the one good idea he ever had or risk it all.

STROGANOV
Discover how one act of kindness can bring on a world of pain.

In Stroganov, a smarter, more confident Darby Stansfield continues his life as the telecommunication consultant to the criminal underworld. This time he's in bed with the Russians and everything is peachy, so far.

With his career back on track, Darby focuses on improving his personal life. However, his unconventional methods for finding love land him in the middle of a war between the Ukrainian government and a dangerous sex trafficking ring. That's his life. Wrong place. Wrong time. All of the time.

Anxious to get out of the situation, he reluctantly offers his help to the authorities in hopes of a clean break. What he gets instead is the attention of Russia's most feared criminal.

LOCO MOCO
The world's only consultant to the criminal underworld has just experienced his closest brush with death yet, and wonders if it's time to quit the biz.

In need of some serious soul searching, Darby Stansfield and his girlfriend, Izzy Weber, set off for a summer surfing adventure in Hawaii. But what the land of Aloha offers instead, is the same temptations he's eager to escape--one in particular, the North Beach Boys. Hoping to resist the lure of the local gang, Darby focuses on improving his relationship with Izzy. All is fun in the sun until their beach house is broken into.

From there, the mysterious threats begin to escalate, forcing Darby and Izzy to hire a local private detective. Between the PI working the case and the security improvements made around their place, the ideal summer appears to be back on track. Wrong.

What they don't realize is that a stranger is watching them and someone is going to die.

THE ST. PETERSBURG CONFESSIONS (BONUS CONTENT)
"I have sins to confess."
"Tell me, what evil have you done?"

It's St. Petersburg, right before the fall of Communism. Father Fedor, an Orthodox priest at St. Catherine's Cathedral, is locking up after the late night mass when he hears a stranger's voice call out to him. The man begs to confess immediately, afraid that if he waits he will become a lost soul.

Of course Father Fedor accepts, but what he doesn't know, what he isn't expecting, is that this madman has committed the same sin ninety-nine times.

957 pages, with a 4.2-star rating from 13 reviews.

The Discovery of Socket Greeny (The Socket Series), by Tony Bertauski. (Still free?)

Even if you don't usually read high-tech Sci-Fi, take a look at this suspenseful and intriguing novel... free today!

"This is a great novel for the Young Adult, or even those that are just young at heart. It is fast paced with incredible insight. The friendships are close and the interplay among Sprocket, Streeter and Chute is just plain fun. This is just what I remember about being young, but Sprocket has to grow up fast, and I believe that there is just the right amount of adventure to keep you reading. I recommend this book for your young reader, and believe that they will enjoy the adventure." -- Blogcritics

Work has always come first for Socket Greeny's mother, ever since his father died. But when she shows him the inner workings of the Paladin Nation, he discovers why.

Paladins traverse the planet through wormholes to keep the world safe, but from what, they won't say. Although his parents were not actually one of them, Socket is different. He soon finds himself in the center of controversy and betrayal when he's anointed the Paladin Nation's prodigy. He didn't ask for the "blessing" of psychic powers and the ability to timeslice and he doesn't want to be responsible for the world. He just wants to go home and back to school and be normal again.

But, sometimes, life doesn't give us that privilege, his mother tells him.

And when the world is soon threatened and the Paladins are forced into the public eye, Socket discovers what his mother means. If he doesn't embrace his true nature, life as we know it will change forever.

266 pages, with a 4.3-star rating from 33 reviews.

~ READERS: hot tip for November 21-25 ~
Looking for quality FREE reads for the holidays? Romance, Thrillers, Fantasy and more: smarturl.it/KB-Free (The link goes to an Amazon page listing all of these quality freebies!)

And check out our selection of 99 cent books: smarturl.it/SMP99c

Primary Justice, by Dave Conifer. (Still free?)

This suspenseful novel is based in New Jersey, as ex-con Billy Fargo finds himself facing a double-murder charge.

"I first read Dave Conifer when I got my hands on Wrecker. Finding that novel highly entertaining I decided that I would go through his other books one at a time. The novel is about much more than wrong place, wrong time. It's a deep seated mystery that had me turning pages as quickly as I could. It's filled with plenty of tension and action and more importantly, great characters that are fun to read. I highly recommend Dave Conifer to anybody that likes a good suspense novel." -- Matthew Schiariti

The newest release from the author of Wrecker.

Life after prison was already going badly for Billy Fargo, and that was before he found out he's the skeleton in a very important person's closet.

When Billy Fargo walks out of prison he's determined to take revenge on the man who framed him. But before he can, he's back in trouble with the law. This time it's a double murder charge. Living on the outside is hard, but why is it getting harder?

Private eye Ricky Willmar is dead set on finding out, but after connecting the dots he's shocked at what he learns. There's somebody out there on the verge of something huge and he's not about to let a bottom-feeder like Fargo get in his way.

Fargo always said he'd rather die than go back to prison. He never thought those would be his only choices.

288 pages, with a 4-star rating from 9 reviews.

Niko's Stolen Bride, by Lindy Corbin. (Still free?)

Whew, after all those thrillers, it's time for a guilty pleasure read! Try this one, free today!

"I really enjoyed this book- it was a light and easy read-perfect for the beach. Kara, our heroine, suddenly cancels her wedding when she finds out her fiance is cheating on her. Not only cheating on her, but on the eve of their wedding! Nikos is technically her step uncle and seems instantly attractive to her but fights his attraction due to demons from his own past. Their attraction, courtship and adventures keep the book moving at a brisk pace--never a dull moment for these two!! I enjoyed the writing style, the blend of adventure and romance, and the pace of the book. Great read! " -- Destiny Morna, Amazon reviewer

Over 37,000 copies downloaded!

Faced with the fiasco of her cancelled wedding, Kara wants to hide from the world while her heart heals. A day trip aboard the yacht leased for the honeymoon cruise sounds like the perfect escape. If only the captain hadn't turned out to be the man she'd practically begged to kiss her after her failed bachelorette party. A rebound relationship with the handsome Greek should be the furthest thing from her mind, shouldn't it?

Niko Maragos has spent more time in meetings than on the decks of his family's ships in recent years, but after he dances with Kara, he's eager to captain the yacht to Key West. To ensure that she can't return to her ex-fiancé, he steals her away. His plan to get Kara in his bed seems fail-proof, until pirates attack…

148 pages, with a 4-star rating from 10 reviews.

Godmachine, by Jack Thompson. (Still free?)

We'll close out today's selections with this Sci-Fi heart-pounder from Jack Thompson. Free today!

"Powerful dystopian science fiction! As a fan of classic pulp science fiction, this book is my idea of a perfect way to spend an evening. Thompson's style balances the adventure aspects with the cerebral and gets the mix just right. When a crew of astronauts discover a metallic box of mystery discs on Mars, it leads them to decode their messages and uncover an epic story of life on the faraway but Earthlike planet Plixon. Plixon is very much a dystopian civilization, where everything - even the food one eats or how long one lives before being "deleted" - is controlled by a supercomputer called the Godmachine. Thompson delineates the characters and the action with cinematic clarity, and keeps the reader turning pages. Unlike many modern authors of dystopian fiction who clearly take glee in the misery they heap upon their characters, Thompson writes about a grim future with a ray of hope and a cautionary message for mankind. " -- Noah Fence, Amazon reviewer

The crew of Mars Mission 31 discovers an alien artifact from a distant planet similar to Earth. Deciphering it reveals the events that transpired on Plixon, an oppressive, dystopian world where the population is monitored and controlled by a supercomputer known as the Godmachine. The story follows Ra'dall Simms, an ordinary citizen of Plixon who, when his son is deliberately terminated by the Program, begins to question the validity of the Godmachine. As his life spins out of control, Ra'dall is thrust into the center of a battle for freedom on his planet. When the commander of Mars Mission 31 forwards the information and events of Plixon back to Earth, it triggers a government cover-up that endangers the crew's safe return.

A chilling vision of the future, Godmachine is a great read for any science fiction fan.
140 pages, with a 5-star rating from 6 reviews.

Browse more free books at the Amazon "free Kindle books" page!

"Like" our Facebook page so you never miss a free e-book!

Free and Bargain Kindle books, delivered to your inbox:
Subscribe today to our daily e-mail!
(We save you time by curating our selections of free books. We filter out books with a less than 4-star rating, or have few reviews. We exclude books that are merely teasers, and generally exclude those that are less than 100 pages in length. Your time is valuable and we strive to find quality for you in your free e-books!)