Kindle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did you guys see that the NY Times and The Washington Post were free to download certain days this week?

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Teach142 said:
Did you guys see that the NY Times and The Washington Post were free to download certain days this week?
Yup, in honor of election day. I think we had an announcement over on the Book Corner board but spread the message and post here too! I have a subscription to the Times and love it. I highly recommend it.

L

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
Teach142 said:
It's great! I'm downloading them to my Kindle and then after the election, I'm going to get my free trials going! (I need entertainment during my recovery from knee surgery).

Betsy

·
Registered
7 Posts
I enjoyed the Washington Post and the New York Times during election week when they were free.  Problem is I REALLY LOVE the New York Times, which until now I'd never read.  But it's $13.99 a month, which is more than my hometown paper which gets plopped on my doorstep everyday.  A little steep for me, though I think I'll start doing the single copy buy of it on Sundays.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Hairballz said:
I enjoyed the Washington Post and the New York Times during election week when they were free. Problem is I REALLY LOVE the New York Times, which until now I'd never read. But it's $13.99 a month, which is more than my hometown paper which gets plopped on my doorstep everyday. A little steep for me, though I think I'll start doing the single copy buy of it on Sundays.
Our local paper, which gets thinner by the day and lighter on content, is $16.95 month. I wish I could persuade the family to cancel it, but my husband and daughter are addicted to the funnies.

I look at it this way: $13.99/mo is approximately 50 cents a day. To buy the paper NYT every day would cost $1.75. If I wanted it delivered here to my home, it would be a whopping $665/yr! So any way I look at it, it's a deal. And I am more well read and informed on the news than I have been in years...since our local paper doesn't seem to be good for much of anything except lining the kitty litter box. LOL

L

·
Registered
874 Posts
Oh I totally enjoyed the free papers.  I even squeezed in an extra 2 papers from the Post before Amazon closed the freebie.  Man, do I miss DC, and I used to get the paper very day when I lived there too. 

The NYT was awesome as well, I haven't gotten to read it since my senior year of college.  Being a poli. sci. major, one of my senior advanced classes required a subscription to the NYT, but even at a "special student rate" it was very expensive.  I would love to get both regularly but with money being tight I am putting it off.  Though it's almost too tempting at times. 

I know some people are reading this thinking why I don't use my 14-days Free subscription for them, but I just can't.  I kind of want to save it as you can only use it once per paper.  However knowing my saving ablilities sometime have a tendency to go too far and I NEVER use it...but still for now, I like to know that the option is there...it's wierd but it's comforting to know.

Tris

1 - 7 of 7 Posts