Kindle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had any success with free press releases?

A couple of years ago I paid a PR person to write and distribute a press release and I had quite a bit of success. I booked two TV interviews, a dozen or so radio interviews, and received numerous newspaper writeups, but still, considering the cost of his service and the travel expenses, I'm not sure if the increased sales were worth the cost. He told me that free press release services are useless (of course he would say that), because all of the media personnell know that they're free and ignor them. Anyway, has anyone had success with free press releases, and if so, which one would you recommend? Thanks.

Larry Buttram

·
Registered
380 Posts
Larry,

I have used some of these free PR services but can't say that they did me any good.  If you do decide to try them, be aware that many claim to be free, but after you submit your article, then they inform you that there is a charge for the service.  Be careful.

Best wishes,

Patricia

·
Registered
784 Posts
I've written some press releases for myself and distributed them to my local papers and through prlog.com and i-newswire.com. The newspapers just ran them as were on their online "community" sections. The online distributors got me mentioned in a couple of places. All-in-all, I think the effort was worth it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.