Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, where's Al Past?

First of all, I wanted to congratulate Al on Distant Cousin being up there in the Kindle Store ratings (at least for the moment!):

#3 in Kindle Store > Kindle Books > Science Fiction > Adventure
#6 in Kindle Store > Kindle Books > Romance > Contemporary
#6 in Kindle Store > Kindle Books > Romance > Romantic Suspense

Go, Al! 8)

But - and MOST IMPORTANTLY - I wanted to highlight the current results of the "What Do Customers Ultimately Buy After Viewing This Item?" section for Distant Cousin, where I cracked up:

48% buy the item featured on this page:
Distant Cousin

18% buy
Secret Vampire

15% buy
Free-Range Chickens

I'm not sure what this says about us as readers...cluck, cluck! LOL! ;D

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Leslie said:
It says...the book is free and people are downloading like mad.

Congratulations to Al!

L
OMG! I hadn't noticed that - discounted to $0!

So, on the one end of the spectrum we have the BBQ book at over $8K, then we have the chickens at $0. So what do we get if we put them together? ;D

·
Registered
455 Posts
You all can come on over here, we'll have dark chocolate kisses to go with the BBQ chicken! :D

Oh, I see Husband dearest posted while I did. GMTA! :)

(BTW, he's a great cook!)

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
OK, OK, y'all go ahead and laugh. I don't mind a bit. I was going to offer to do the cooking, but if KreelanWarrior is going to, then I'll bring the beer and limeade.

All I need is an an address and a time...and a plane ticket.

Par-tee, par-tee, par-tee!

G

·
#3 in Kindle Store > Kindle Books > Science Fiction > Adventure
#6 in Kindle Store > Kindle Books > Romance > Contemporary
#6 in Kindle Store > Kindle Books > Romance > Romantic Suspense
Al, I hope you'll understand why, despite my being an SF junkie, I probably won't be reading your book. This pretty much confirms what I suspected from reading the Editorial Review.

Can we still be friends?

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Bacardi Jim said:
Al, I hope you'll understand why, despite my being an SF junkie, I probably won't be reading your book. This pretty much confirms what I suspected from reading the Editorial Review.

Can we still be friends?
Ahhh, Jim! Those "romance" stats just mean that they like a good sci-fi story, too! ;)

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
BrassMan said:
OK, OK, y'all go ahead and laugh. I don't mind a bit. I was going to offer to do the cooking, but if KreelanWarrior is going to, then I'll bring the beer and limeade.

All I need is an an address and a time...and a plane ticket.

Par-tee, par-tee, par-tee!
Al -

You're on!

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Bacardi Jim said:

Can we still be friends?
Of course we can. No book is for everybody. Distant Cousin is definitely not hard sci-fi, set in a galaxy far, far away, full of warp drives and worm holes, space wars and slimy aliens. Only when pushed would I admit it was even sci-fi "lite." My own daughter #2, a professor of literature, said it was a "West Texas Chicano action story." One reviewer (who liked the romance angle) said she thought people said it was sci-fi mostly because of the cover. I wonder how Linda Cannon-Mott would classify it. Linda??

By the way, where did you get the quote you cited? Is that for real?

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
BrassMan said:
Of course we can. No book is for everybody. Distant Cousin is definitely not hard sci-fi, set in a galaxy far, far away, full of warp drives and worm holes, space wars and slimy aliens. Only when pushed would I admit it was even sci-fi "lite." My own daughter #2, a professor of literature, said it was a "West Texas Chicano action story." One reviewer (who liked the romance angle) said she thought people said it was sci-fi mostly because of the cover. I wonder how Linda Cannon-Mott would classify it. Linda??

By the way, where did you get the quote you cited? Is that for real?
Al, I have never read *hard* sci fi but I would definitely classify it as sci fi read. Without giving too much away, I enjoyed the action, romance and most of all the connection I have with Ana Darcy and Matt Mendez. As I told you I genuinely care about them and feel as I know them. I felt the excitement, puzzlement, joy, fear , etc. that Ana Darcy experienced as she learned and experienced more of earth. Could taste the food too!

I have the complete triology, I'm hooked. :D

5 star read for me!
Linda

1 - 20 of 63 Posts