Kindle Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all sci-fi authors! On July 1st, at noon EST, we will be opening up for submissions for a very cool competition. Over the next 11 months, we are going to read, review, and whittle down 300 novels to get 10 finalists and 1 winner. Your work needs to be at least 50,000 words, by a single author, a standalone or the first in a series, and already self-published. Oh, and it needs to qualify as science fiction. :)

The winner gets a cool ray gun and all kinds of bragging rights. There will also be a winner for best cover art. The competition will be fierce, so bring your best stuff. Good luck! And spread the word!

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
Do you consider post-apocalyptic as in an earthquake that hasn't happened yet, science fiction?

• Haha
Reactions: KarenWhite

·
Registered
255 Posts
Is there a Facegroup contest site for this contest, like Mark Lawrence has for his contest? If so, please post. Thanks.

Also, can I make one more recommendation (of course feel free to ignore!).

I'm going to enter your contest but since my book isn't a warrior/laser sword/space battle book, I don't exactly have the highest hopes (only because of the way Mark Lawrence's contest is run). But what would get my attention is you. Maybe after the winner is announced you might consider also naming a The-Book-That-Caught-My-Eye award. Getting positive feedback from you would be something.

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is there a Facegroup contest site for this contest, like Mark Lawrence has for his contest? If so, please post. Thanks.

Also, can I make one more recommendation (of course feel free to ignore!).

I'm going to enter your contest but since my book isn't a warrior/laser sword/space battle book, I don't exactly have the highest hopes (only because of the way Mark Lawrence's contest is run). But what would get my attention is you. Maybe after the winner is announced you might consider also naming a The-Book-That-Caught-My-Eye award. Getting positive feedback from you would be something.
There will be lots of ways we try to raise the profiles of entrants. It won't just be the finalists and winner. We hope to do a lot of interviews and author profiles, plus as many reviews of these books as possible.

We should have a FB group up and running soon.

·
Registered
5,745 Posts
Is there an age limit of books for submissions as in say 2018 published

• Haha

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
I'm in. The form was very easy and takes no time at all. Good luck, everyone!

• Haha

·
Registered
7 Posts
I love reading sci-fi, so I look forward to reading some of the winners!

• Haha

·
Registered
5,745 Posts
I followed the link and it said it was closed. If you follow the link I think it has a facebook group.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Am I already too late to submit for this? Bummer.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have SCIENCE FICTION a story about a LABRADOR goes to MOON!

Win WIN? ::winkwinkwoof::

1 - 15 of 15 Posts