·
Registered
13,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[size=14pt]FREE Today & Tomorrow September 10th & 11th at Amazon
Bobby's Trace

by Edward C. Patterson
Kindleboard Book Profile for Bobby's Trace
Do ghosts mourn the living? Perry Chaplin is in mourning for his life partner, Bobby - a time of stress, notwithstanding. The more he drifts, the more he becomes unhinged until he's one room short of a rubber one. "Get a grip, Perry." So he takes his chances on a blind date, which further plunges him along the nightmare highway. He gets an unsought lesson in life-after-death that turns his bereavement into a horrific adventure. Come peek through Perry Chaplin's mysterious window. See what there is to see. Enter Our Lady of Perpetual Grace, where the holy water boils and the confessionals whisper. What lurks in the rectory's attic? What lies beneath the surface of life and death? What comes in Bobby's - in Bobby's trace? Do ghosts mourn the living? Perry Chaplin knows. Will you?

Table of Contents

Chapter One: Bobby
Chapter Two: Mrs. Wickersham's Issue
Chapter Three: Break Point
Chapter Four: Marlin Fisk
Chapter Five: Choosing a Tie
Chapter Six: Fabulous Faye's
Chapter Seven: One Night with a Stranger
Chapter Eight: Father Paul
Chapter Nine: The Key
Chapter Ten: Connections
Chapter Eleven: Trinity
Chapter Twelve: The Ghost in the Machine
Chapter Thirteen: The Confession
Chapter Fourteen: The Vestibule
Chapter Fifteen: The Confessional
Chapter Sixteen: Recanting
Chapter Seventeen: The Garden of Hope
Chapter Eighteen: The Cell
Chapter Nineteen: The Flight of Angels

Here's a few pull-quotes from reviewers of Bobby's Trace

"A subtle and wry humor never detracts from the intensity of the characterizations, which rather unfold like the peeling of an onion to reveal unexpected layers and depths." - Rainbow Reviews

"The writing in Bobby's Trace was so fast-paced and charismatic that I wished there was much more." - Maureen Miller

"A thriller that M Night Shyamalan would be proud of."- Timothy Mulder

"Patterson has a way of including the reader in every thought, emotion and experience the characters have. This was a great book, a joy to read, and one I'll want to visit again." - Esmerelda Luv

"At times bizarre and terrifying yet also beautifully uplifting, Edward C Patterson has crafted a literary jewel." - R.W. Banks (Australia)

"Mr. Patterson writes with fluid elegance. You can put any person in the situation Perry's in, and Bobby too, male or female, and the premise still is a strong one. A sensitive read." - ellen george, Top 1000 Amazon Reviewer

"Patterson creates a supernatural haunting story of two lovers and religious intolerance. Readers of all genres will find something special in this novel." - Todd Fonseca, TMBOA.com

"Bobby's Trace is a very well-written ghost story about love lost whose touch reaches beyond the grave. Good job, Mr. Patterson! " - Lila Pinord

"A beautifully drawn exploration of a young man's grief at the loss of his partner and his eventual resumption of life. Quite a few unexpected thrills and chills." - Sandy Nathan

"The story was awesome. The twist ending made for a gripping finale that made you want to flip back and reread passages." - RedAdept, RedAdept Kindle Reviews

also available in Oh, Dainty Triolet http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003BEDVSU

Edward C. PattersonAND

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Hi Ed, welcome. Glad you found your way here. Thanks for the info on the book sale price.

L

·
Registered
116 Posts
Kindle users:  this author has a wonderful gift.  He has written so many books of various genres - check him out - especially for 99 cents.

Yale R. Jaffe
Advantage Disadvantage

Z

·
0 Posts
Sounds like a great read!!!

Loved that last review by R.G. Banks.

I think I'm going to have to take a speed reading class to get through everything I plan on reading, but thanks for helping with the budget anyway!!!

Bobby's Trace goes in my TBR pile!!!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Mr. Patterson's books have gotten such amazing reviews. I can't wait to read them all.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I keep hearing good things about this book, in fact, about all of Patterson's books, so I will have to try it.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Dear Ed Patterson,
I thoroughly enjoyed Bobby Trace! My only complaint was that I wished the book was longer. I was sorry it ended!

Thanks!
Vicki

·
Registered
13,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Before I forget, I'd like to thank all the readers who bought Bobby's trace and hope you enjoy it enough to favor me with reading some of my other works. I will continue to post books from my kindle catalog here, and periodically will reduce the price to befit the pocketnooks, although my Kindle pricing policy is generall $3.99 whether it's 100 or 700 pages - a price we call the Blue Goddess sweet spot price after Blue Goddess, a pioneer in the successful guidance to new authors who would launch kindle books at $9.00 and wonder why no one was buyig them. Now most Kindle authors realize the advantages of no distribution costs orther than Amazon's cut and have come into the sweet spot price. All hail Blue Goddess.

Ed Patterson

·
Registered
13,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
(Gone)

Bobby's Trace's 15 day promotion has ended and the price has returned to the every day low bargain price of $ 3.99 on the Kindle, Mobipocket and (Smashwords) Sony Reader. I will continue to offer selected titles for discouned prices as the year roles on. I have 11 published books and 10 others in progress, so check back. Currently Turnig Idolater has begun a 15 day price reduction run at $ .99 (see on the list). I want to thank all the 61 new readers that purchased Bobby's Trace and hope that you enjoy it and will continue to swim with me in this vast literary sea. I will not fail you.

Edward C. Patterson
www.dancaster.com

·
Registered
13,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Good News.

Amazon has decided to retain Bobby's Trace at a discount of $ .99. Go figure. So you save $3.00.

It also means that now you get the saving and I get a full royalty on each sale.

Edward C. Patterson

·
Registered
13,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I am wondering, along with my fellow Kindle authors, that when the price changes at Amazon whether they prmenant;y discount a book, or whether it is a transitional measure. In any case, I will monitor this closely and keep all posted as to the price. Some have told me that it's a temporary thing. However, whether that is true or not, it is most advantageous to all.

Edward C. Patterson

·
Registered
831 Posts
I bought Bobby's Trace and look forward to reading it... the preview chapter was great and I just wanted to read more.  I'm really glad they allow sample readings at Amazon.

I'd really like to know about the price discounts... please post what you find out.

Thanks Ed,
Trish

·
Registered
13,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks Trish. I'll let everyone now when the other foot falls. I'm curious myself for timing these price reductions.

I hope you enjoy Bobby's trace. I will not fail you.

Ed Patterson

·
Registered
13,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thank you, and BTW - Amazon just changed the price to $3.19. I knew it was too good to be true. If you didn't get your copy at $ .99 let me know and I'll email you a .prc file that you can email to yourself on the Kindle.

To everyone : Amazon caught their error and now Bobby's Trace is at $3.19 - but a good deal even at that price. Thanks all.

I love this discussion boards - and am aprticipating in many of the discussions. I am one of the first Indie Kindle authors, publishing my first book Cutting the Cheese in December 2007 for the Kindle (which see), and have been a Kindle owner since Christmas 2007. I have 3,700 titles on my Kindle and even do final edits on the contraption. I look forward to sharing experiences. (I've even written a book on publishing on Kindle and CreateSpace - more of that at another time - called Are You Still Submitting Your wWork to a Traditional Publisher?) I have spent many hours on the mazon kindle discussion forums suppoting kindle readers and authors alike. This is nothing short of a revolution, and old as I am, I'm glad I live to see it and participate in it.

Thanks all,
Edward C. Patterson

1 - 20 of 244 Posts