Kindle Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Farewell to the Master

The 1951 movie "The Day The Earth Stood Still" was based on this short story. It was originally published in the October 1940 edition of the
pulp sci-fi magazine "Astounding Science-Fiction." A new version of the movie is coming out in a couple of weeks, so folks might enjoy reading the original story.

Woody has made the story (which is out of copyright and in the public domain) available in a Kindle version. You can download it here. Once the file is on your computer, you can transfer with the USB cable or email it <name>@kindle.com

Enjoy!

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So I managed to plow through this story and I was reminded, once again, that I really do not care for science fiction.

Oh well, the price was right.

L

·
Registered
5,087 Posts
Well, it was written in 1940. It's not a good example of SF in general, these days. The genre has matured a great deal.

But it's OK not to like some genres. Personally, I can't stand to read most fantasy. But I have friends that do and we have agreed to still talk to one another. ;D ;D

Mike

G

·
jmiked said:
Well, it was written in 1940. It’s not a good example of SF in general, these days. The genre has matured a great deal.

But it’s OK not to like some genres. Personally, I can’t stand to read most fantasy. But I have friends that do and we have agreed to still talk to one another. ;D ;D

Mike
I read both SF and fantasy. I guess that's why I talk to myself.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts