Kindle Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Eve Tree is a literary novel about the ways that families cope in the face of impending disaster.

Here's a brief blurb:

Ten years ago, Molly Boscelli took over her family ranch and goat farm in Humboldt County, California, with her husband, Jack. Now, a forest fire is making its way toward them, threatening their home and way of life. Molly's mother and grown children rally at the ranch in a last ditch attempt to prepare for disaster.

The family must work through the truth about their history and look for a way to save the ranch. As Molly struggles to find her place, she uncovers her true feelings about the land that is her home and birthright and prepares to take extreme measures to defend it.

If you like lyrical novels with complex characters, you will love The Eve Tree.

·
Premium Member
63,459 Posts
Rachel--

Welcome to KindleBoards and congratulations on your book!

A brief recap of our rules follows:

--We invite you to use your book cover as your avatar and have links to your book and website in your signature. Instructions are posted here

--Please bookmark this thread (using your browser's bookmark/favorite function) so you can update it as we ask that authors have only one thread per book and add to it when there is more information. You may start a separate thread for each book (or you may have one thread per series of books, or one thread for all of your books, it's your choice).

--While you may respond to member posts to your thread at any time, you may only bump your thread (back-to-back posts by you) once every seven days. Once you've responded to a member, that resets the clock to zero and you must wait seven days to post, unless another member posts before then.

--We ask that Amazon reviews not be repeated here as they are easy to find at your book link. Also, full reviews from other sites should not be posted here, but you may post a short blurb and a link to the full review instead.

--Although self-promotion is limited to the Book Bazaar, our most successful authors have found the best way to promote their books is to be as active throughout KindleBoards as time allows. This is your target audience--book lovers with Kindles! Please note that putting link information in the body of your posts constitutes self promotion; please leave your links for your profile signature that will automatically appear on each post. For information on more ways to promote here on KindleBoards, be sure to check out this thread:
Authors: KindleBoards Tips & FAQ.

All this, and more, is included in our Forum Decorum: http://www.kboards.com/index.php/topic,36.0.html. Be sure to check it from time to time for the current guidelines and rules.

Oh, and one more thing: be sure to check out the index threads at the top of the Book Bazaar. . . .there are details there about how you can be listed so that our readers can find you.

Thanks for being part of KindleBoards! Feel free to send us a PM if you have any questions.

Betsy & Ann
Book Bazaar Moderators

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
From EcoWomen.net

"A beautiful and haunting tale about generations connected by livelihood and place, Ford evokes the great books by Kingsolver and Steinbeck. Lush prose, conflicted characters so vividly drawn you would recognize them passing them on the street, and a gorgeous taste of environmental debate. Ford never gets pedantic, but blends thoughtful reflection and the urgency of fighting fires both metaphoric and literal in this expertly written novel."

You can read the whole review here ->http://ecowomen.net/2011/06/01/if-you-like-barbara-kingsolvers-books-youll-love-the-eve-tree

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A great review of The Eve Tree, by Suse from Pea Soup.

"The central character Molly, is beautifully drawn. She's fragile but with a powerful undercurrent of ferocious strength and determination, she is flawed, cranky, loving, contradictory. Molly will get under your skin and live on in your brain long after you close the book with a sigh and put the light out. She's very real. The story feels very real and there are some lovely little pearls of poetry in the deceptively simple language."

Read the whole thing here: http://peasoupoftheday.blogspot.com/2011/08/little-book-talk-and-giveaway.html

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've changed the pricing of The Eve Tree, which is now $0.99.

It's my own little 99 cents experiment. (I'll let you know how it goes!)

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
One of the best things that's happened since I published The Eve Tree is hearing from the people who read it and love it. If you do read The Eve Tree, let me know!

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The other day, I had a great conversation with a man who left Canada 40 years ago and has been in India ever since, living simply, as a sadhu. This has nothing to do with my book, except that he read it, loved it, and is trying to think of ways for me to make it into a movie! He called the scene at the end a "million dollar scene."

Wow. Just that this guy, mostly isolated from the modern, Western world, read my book, got it, and loved it. Well, it makes the whole thing worth it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts