Kindle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
I use the Parabola theme. Although I've customized it to be very minimalistic, you can use the sliders (up to 5) on the front page, and feature your blog posts, etc.. I'm using more for a business website, so have turned off many of those features.

I love it, though.

·
Registered
13,280 Posts
It depends on what you want to use the site for. Go to the Appearance tab and search for new themes that fit your needs. I'd definitely add "responsive" as a must-have search term. Then just try out the themes and see what they do and how you can changes headers, menus etc.

Also, I strongly recommend that you update your themes once every two years or so, because technology changes and fashionable website design dates very quickly.

·
Registered
126 Posts
ooo, I'm digging Parabola. Much more colorful than Suits. Can you change the website title text color, does anyone know? I'm heading out to stalk your websites to see how you all use the theme....

·
Registered
5,458 Posts
Indigo W said:
Shayne, I am loving your website! What plugin did you use for the social media icons on the side of your website and for the WIP progress bars? Those are super neat!
Thanks, Indigo. :D If you mean the little red social media buttons off on the very side, that's actually a feature of the Parabola theme. And the widget for the word count meter is called... hold on while I go and copy and paste, you'll see why... Dave's Whizmatronic Widgulating Calibrational Scribometer (say that five times, fast :D).

·
Registered
126 Posts
ShayneRutherford said:
Thanks, Indigo. :D If you mean the little red social media buttons off on the very side, that's actually a feature of the Parabola theme. And the widget for the word count meter is called... hold on while I go and copy and paste, you'll see why... Dave's Whizmatronic Widgulating Calibrational Scribometer (say that five times, fast :D).
:eek: I'm so glad you copy/pasted that. I would have had a helluva time looking that one up!! Thanks :)

·
Registered
474 Posts
Indigo W said:
ooo, I'm digging Parabola. Much more colorful than Suits. Can you change the website title text color, does anyone know? I'm heading out to stalk your websites to see how you all use the theme....
You can change the fonts, the colours...anything you want right from the Parabola theme customization menu. They have a separate control panel from the WordPress that's pretty straight forward. Well, as straight forward as these things get. I used the form to ask questions and look stuff up quite a bit.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts