Kindle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of a French-English dictionary for the Kindle? I love having the dictionary feature, but I'd really like to find a good French-English dictionary.

I just finished "Luncheon of the Boating Party" by Susan Vreeland

and it would have been helpful. I loved the book, well worth reading if you are interested in the Impressionists, 19th c. Paris, or just a good tale about a fascinating group of characters.

I'm reading George Eliot's "Daniel Deronda" now and only a handful of the french words/phrases I've looked up are included in the standard Kindle dictionary.

I looked on Amazon but didn't find anything that seems like it would fit the bill. Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Glynnis (also learning lots of interesting new words - great feature, Amazon, thanks!!)

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No Whispernet where I live ... so I can't look up foreign language words/phrases in Wiki or Google when I'm reading - and too lazy to go lug the big dictionary around with me (especially now that I've got a 10 ounce Kindle!).
Glynnis

·
Registered
325 Posts
I couldn't find one for Kindle (although there's apparently a Klingon dictionary for Kindle).

It looks like there will be a Spanish English dictionary available in January, and I hope more languages will follow.

It's a shame, as I think Kindle is great for reference books.

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
Betsy the Quilter said:
Oh, good, I needed a Klingon dictionary to keep with me at all times.

Betsy
That's all I need to convince my friends to go Kindle when they move back to the US in May. They sometimes wear their Federation uniforms when they go to chat with the Roman centurions at the Colosseum.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Quote from: Bacardi Jim on Yesterday at 11:29:39 PM
¡K'blach!
Angela said:
Bless you.
Both of your posts reminded me of this:

Does the above show up as an obvious link to people?

G

·
Cat said:
Quote from: Bacardi Jim on Yesterday at 11:29:39 PM
¡K'blach!Both of your posts reminded me of this:

Does the above show up as an obvious link to people?
Yes, we can see the link. It is in blue instead of black.

But did you know that you can imbed YouTube (and ONLY YouTube) videos directly into your post? Just use the [ youtube] [ /youtube] tags or the YouTube button that creates them (with the other post tag buttons) around the URL of the video.

Like this:

·
Registered
385 Posts
Thanks for letting me know the link is clearly a link.

Somewhere in the back of my head I knew there was a youtube button, but it never even crossed my mind. Thanks for reminding me.

Lemme try

I can't stand the Beatles, Jim, but this is one of my fav youtube videos. :p
hehe, me so bad.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts