Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had this news under my hat for a few weeks and struggled whether to post it here or not. I don't ever want to look like I'm bragging, yet I read about some of your struggles and I want to reach through the screen and say 'don't give up!'

While many authors are overnight successes in a race to the top, for most of us we have to remember it's more of a marathon.

So.....here it is....My good news is this: What started out as a simple novella written to self pub between books has miraculously turned into a contract with Amazon Publishing for a 3-book deal. The first book in my new trilogy will be released mid-2013. If you want to know how I got from A to Z, you can read more about it on my blog. While everyone's journey is different, I wrote a post about mine in the hopes that it can help any writer who is in the same shoes I was a few years ago.

http://kaybratt.com/2012/12/more-of-a-marathon-than-a-race/

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
Awesome, Kay!!!

And your post is in no way bragging. (But brag away if the mood should take you - you deserve a bit of a brag for that kind of news! ;D)

(Edited to correct Kay's name. I have a houseful of guests staying here with us at the moment. Bedlam!)

·
Registered
226 Posts
Fantastic news, congratulations...and the "more of a marathon" theme is wonderful; the splash of success stories here on KB in the past couple of weeks, including yours, should definitely give all of us renewed energy for our own marathons. Congratulations!

·
Registered
7,648 Posts
Congratulations!

We get a lot of success stories on here, and you know, I'm never surprised! We have so many talented fingers around here. Lightning just keeps striking, and I tell my non-author friends about you guys all the time!

Kay, I'm a fan and I'm so glad to hear of your news!

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
That is absolutely fabulous!  Congrats.

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks so much, everyone, for your kind words. It means a lot to have someone to share the news with who truly understands the scope of what a blessing it is.

My non-immediate family members were like, "Oh yeah? Hmm...pass the gravy."

:D

1 - 20 of 89 Posts