1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Very interesting. It's from Amazon's CS post in the kindle forums:

Here is the Amazon.com Customer service forum post for 3/4/2009:

Last Page Read
You do not need to power down Kindle 2 between reading sessions, it is best to leave the device in sleep mode. Holding the switch at the top to power the device off is similar to pulling the power cord on your computer without shutting down the Operating System. If you turn the device off while in the middle of the book, the device cannot save that location. We save the location when the device goes into sleep mode or when you leave the book, so if you do need to power the device off then be sure to go to the Home screen first - this will save your last place in the book.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Very interesting information.  I don't think I have shut off my K2 since I received it, but now I know the "Proper Procedure."

·
Registered
48 Posts
Cathy, thanks so much for sharing that.  I hadn't turned off my K2 at all since it arrived until 2 nights ago, but after thinking about it, I figured I could save power by turning it off at night.  Good thing I only did that twice, and I lucked out to not have any problems with it.  Won't be doing that anymore.  Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
366 Posts
The only time the K uses power is when you use whispernet or when the page is turning, that's it.  If whispernet is off and a page is displayed no power is being used.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts