Kindle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Thanks for the post, Ann. It's good to know that our servicemen are getting good use of the Kindle.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Pretty neat story. There is just something about a man in fatigues...

Sailor

·
Registered
6,329 Posts
Interesting.  Thanks for posting it here.  I'm also glad that some of our servicemen have kindles.  A couple of points I found interesting:
1)  He likes war books.
2)  He writes that the K2 is sturdier than his K1.  Would someone here who has both like to comment?  I haven't ever held a K2, but I know it's thinner.  Just wondered if it's more durable/sturdy.

I'm bookmarking this blog.

Marti

·
Registered
137 Posts
My husband and I both have remarked on many occasions that we wish Kindles had been available when we were in the Navy. It would have freed up a ton of rack space and helped with those long hours of 'hurry up and waiting'. Neat blog, thanks!

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Very cool! This is one application for the Kindle that I think should be encouraged. How great for our troops to have a little comfort/luxury/entertainment out there!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Wish I had a Kindle when I was in Iraq. I had boxes of books while there. I now have a K1 and have had it with me the past 5 months I have been in other training schools. My fellow officers have bugged me so much about it that for a while I quit bringing it along with me. I have 50 fellow students training with me and all have bugged me about it. The utility for military is amazing.

What I would really like is a KDX though. ALL Army field manuals now are electronic in pdf format. You can't get printed FMs anymore. I would love to be able to carry around all of my required FMs on a DX.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
thomashton said:
Wish I had a Kindle when I was in Iraq. I had boxes of books while there. I now have a K1 and have had it with me the past 5 months I have been in other training schools. My fellow officers have bugged me so much about it that for a while I quit bringing it along with me. I have 50 fellow students training with me and all have bugged me about it. The utility for military is amazing.

What I would really like is a KDX though. ALL Army field manuals now are electronic in pdf format. You can't get printed FMs anymore. I would love to be able to carry around all of my required FMs on a DX.
Thomashton,

I haven't heard from you in AGES!! How have you been, I have missed you!!

I am so happy to see you here tonight. I Thank You for your service.

Sailor

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Tom,

I hope you don't mind me posting your handsome picture here. You make one, fine, honorable trooper and I am proud of you.

Sailor

·
Registered
860 Posts
mlewis78 said:
2) He writes that the K2 is sturdier than his K1. Would someone here who has both like to comment? I haven't ever held a K2, but I know it's thinner. Just wondered if it's more durable/sturdy.
I don't know if the K1 is sturdier than the K2 because I haven't broken one yet (please no, please never), but we have both in our house and the K2 does seem a lot sturdier and not so fragile. The buttons on the K1 seem like they could just fall off where the buttons on the K2 are more intgrated into the frame of the device.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts