Kindle Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Congratulations to her!

Following the huge success of her self-published best-seller Wait for You, hybrid author Jennifer L. Armentrout has signed a three-book, six-figure deal with HarperCollins imprint Avon for Wait for You and two other upcoming books in the series.

Prior to Wait for You, which she published under the pen name J. Lynn, Armentrout had published 13 other books with indie publishers Spencer Hill Press and Entangled Publishing. She currently has upcoming books with Harlequin (end of 2013) and Hyperion (2014). The deal was negotiated by her agent Kevan Lyon of the Solana Beach, Calif.-based agency Marsal Lyon Literary Agency and is a "major deal," the highest category in book deal database Publishers Marketplace.

Wait for You garnered Armentrout, 32, of Martinsburg, W.Va., national attention when it hit the No. 1 spot on best-seller lists, including the Digital Book World Ebook Best-Seller list. It has now held the top spot on the DBW for two weeks in a row. It's the first self-published title to be the No. 1 ebook best-seller.

http://www.digitalbookworld.com/2013/best-selling-self-published-author-jennifer-l-armentrout-signs-six-figure-three-book-deal-with-harpercollins-for-wait-for-you/

... and on that note ... I'm going to go have a long, hot shower! LOL.

·
Registered
7,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
TexasGirl said:
Me too.

With Dalya.

Now YOU ALL go take cold ones. :) Or write about it.
An hour later, seeing this post reminds me I still haven't had that shower. Gosh, where did an hour go?

Back to the OP, I'm sure a lot of trad-pubbed authors are trying out their unsold manuscripts on Amazon, and they don't *all* shoot to the top of the bestseller charts. Does make me curious what sort of marketing plan the agent cooked up! And how can I get one! :D

·
Registered
New crime fiction series.
3,523 Posts
I'm waiting for that waterproof laptop. ;D

I went to check out her book, and I noticed this best seller badge by her book. Is that a new Amazon thing? Never noticed that before.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Dalya said:
Because the best ideas happen... in the shower. :D

I have this image of Reese Witherspoon in my head from Legally Blonde when she's questioning the daughter of the dead guy on the witness stand... "and, you were in the shower?"

"Every Cosmo girl knows you can't wash your hair in the shower with a new perm..."

Anyway, congratulations to Jennifer and to Dalya for posting and Texas Girl for being funny.

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
Alan Petersen said:
I went to check out her book, and I noticed this best seller badge by her book. Is that a new Amazon thing? Never noticed that before.

I know they had them in December, because I had one for a while and posted a screen shot.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Dalya said:
An hour later, seeing this post reminds me I still haven't had that shower. Gosh, where did an hour go?

Back to the OP, I'm sure a lot of trad-pubbed authors are trying out their unsold manuscripts on Amazon, and they don't *all* shoot to the top of the bestseller charts. Does make me curious what sort of marketing plan the agent cooked up! And how can I get one! :D
Indeed. This is what I did. And while I'm pleased with the results, I didn't have a bestseller on my hands. Hrm.

·
Registered
398 Posts
I love Jen!

I haven't read her Wait For You, but her Lux series is one of my all time fave series. Can't wait for book 4 in the fall!

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Man, I need to remodel my shower. I get all kinds of book ideas every morning but so far, they aren't selling as books, dammit.

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
The best seller badge was there in January when I had it for a short time.

Congrats to her!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts