Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been making a nuisance of myself on the Amazon Kindle forum for awhile now, and at the suggestion of MaineWriter (who may begin to regret it) I thought I would stop in and say 'hello'.

I've had a Kindle since May, first to help my disabled wife regain her ability to read and then for me when I began to see what a great device it is.

I've been known to act up a bit, all in the spirit of fun. I'll be on my best behavior here for awhile, though....at least until you get to know me.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Hey Teninx, Welcome...

I would love to get more folks over here so we can have real discussions. The Amazon board is good, up to a point, but it's not excellent. Let's see if anyone else joins in.

Leslie
also known as MaineWriter

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Leslie. I wouldn't be surprised if we see a few familiar avatars come over from Amazon....after all, with you and me here, where else would anyone go?  ;)

·
Registered
186 Posts
I'm here too from the Amazon Board.  Hi Leslie and Tenix.  I'm Will Cushman on the Amazon Board.

cush

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Hi Will, welcome!

We'll liven this place up in no time...LOL

Wait'll Harvey comes back and sees what's happened to his previously very very quiet board.

Leslie

·
Registered
186 Posts
And for all you refugees from the Amazon board- my first question of burning importance....

Will the Kindle work outside the US?

Sorry, I just had to...............
:D :D :D :D

*cush*

·
Registered
383 Posts
Hi all.  Another lurker from the Amazon boards.  I just started lurking at MobileRead too!  Now I've got another place.  Maybe I'll actually POST here!  Keep the freebies coming!  Love my Kindle!

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Hi Mom,

I just posted the current bunch of freebies over in the General Discussions section. Snap them up if you haven't already done so.

Cush, who cares if the Kindle will work outside the US? I want to know if I can get textbooks on it!

Leslie

·
Registered
165 Posts
I want to know if it has a built in booklight. So there!!!
Cush's Sis.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Pay no attention to my Sis.  She's just being provocative.  Why can't she ask a sensible question?
Like- "Why can't I get a free replacement Kindle for mine that I sat on and broke?"

Leslie- You are very naughty.  ;)

·
Registered
186 Posts
"I've been making a nuisance of myself on the Amazon Kindle forum for awhile now, and at the suggestion of MaineWriter (who may begin to regret it) I thought I would stop in and say 'hello'.

I've had a Kindle since May, first to help my disabled wife regain her ability to read and then for me when I began to see what a great device it is."

Tenix-

I didn't realize our Kindle stories were so similar.  I got one for MY disabled wife and then, after struggling to wrench it from her hands, had to buy one for me. The original Kindle purchase has now multiplied into five in our extended family.  We love our Kindles.

cush

·
Registered
146 Posts
I also hopped on over from the Amazon Boards. Damn you all, I'm supposed to be writing an essay.. :-\ Anyways, on amazon I'm apparently K. Keillor. I usually just lurk, but I've made a few posts as of late. Righto. So, hi!

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Welcome Meek! Welcome Kim!

As for answering these stupid questions, I am not going to do it! no no no!!  ;D ;D ;D

Leslie

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Welcome, K. Keillor! I saw your comment on the upswing in activity on the "See a Kindle in Your City" Forum. There has also been alot more activity on the FAQ thread. There is definitely an Oprah factor going on.

L

1 - 20 of 101 Posts