Kindle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else received the email from "[email protected]" on Tuesday morning that in the second paragraph indicates that both Frommer's City Set and Cook's Illustrated How to Cook Library were FREE on Kindle?  Frommer's is not priced at 0.00, but I called kindle customer service and referenced the email and I got it free.

·
Registered
55 Posts
WestPointer1968 said:
Has anyone else received the email from "[email protected]" on Tuesday morning that in the second paragraph indicates that both Frommer's City Set and Cook's Illustrated How to Cook Library were FREE on Kindle? Frommer's is not priced at 0.00, but I called kindle customer service and referenced the email and I got it free.
I emailed Customer Service and the response I received said that the book would show up free when it is released.

Email:
Hello

Thanks for asking about receiving the Frommer's guide for free for your Kindle. While this title is not currently free, it will be listed as free when it is released on February 24th.

In order to receive this item for free, you will need to purchase it on February 24th. Simply visit the following page on February 24th, and press the "Buy now with 1-click" button. The price listed below the buy button should be $0.

http://www.amazon.com/Frommers-City-Set-Full-sized-Guides/dp/B001RGJUUC

Thanks for your interest in the Kindle, and I hope this answers your question.

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
The price is $39.99 right now, not $0.

BTW, why is this thread here? Are we doing a book klub for these travel guides? I'm guessing not. :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Brian said:
In order to receive this item for free, you will need to purchase it on February 24th. Simply visit the following page on February 24th, and press the "Buy now with 1-click" button. The price listed below the buy button should be $0.

http://www.amazon.com/Frommers-City-Set-Full-sized-Guides/dp/B001RGJUUC
Well, its the 24th, and it is still $40.

Have they changed the date when it will be free?

Thanks, Michael

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
It still says pre-order...I don't think it has been released yet. Maybe later today!

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
MAGreen said:
It still says pre-order...I don't think it has been released yet. Maybe later today!
The free cookbook got pushed back to the 26th. Wonder if the same thing happened with this?

·
Registered
534 Posts
Thanks for the info!  I will be keeping watch.
*sigh*
Another thing to click and refresh.... ::)

·
Registered
295 Posts
They really need to get more travel guides on Kindle. It would be perfect for that sort of thing. I always wind up lugging around at least 2 with me when I go somewhere and they always weigh a ton!

·
Registered
501 Posts
ginaf20697 said:
They really need to get more travel guides on Kindle. It would be perfect for that sort of thing. I always wind up lugging around at least 2 with me when I go somewhere and they always weigh a ton!
Agreed! I really don't need the 12-city guide (most of those cities I'll likely not visit anytime soon!), but I'd gladly pay a few bucks for upcoming cities I'm going to!

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
I look forward to seeing what they say about the cities I am already famliar with. It's fun to find new stuff in you own back yard!

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
I just looked again and it says March 5th. *sigh* I guess I will just have to wait for it!

·
Registered
463 Posts
From postings over at Amazon, the "free" was a misunderstanding. Those who persistently emailed customer support (and who had bought it) were sometimes given a $40 credit, but the latest word was that it won't be free.

·
Registered
4,791 Posts
CS said:
The free cookbook got pushed back to the 26th. Wonder if the same thing happened with this?
Note that the cookbook got pushed back to MARCH 26th...I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought it was supposed to be today, I turned on my Kindle this morning to d/l it and another release when I got up, remembering the warning about the cookbook taking awhile, then when I noticed from the Manage My Kindle page that it wasn't d/l'ing, I checked the product page and noticed it said March 26th and wondered if I was just mis-remembering the date.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts