Kindle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I hunted down my UPS guy and got my Kindle this afternoon. Plugged it in and played around with it for a while and then just let it charge until 15 minutes ago when I attempted to wake it by sliding the power switch. Nothing happened to the screen saver and I tried this repeatedly. Nothing seems to wake the frozen screen saver. A hard reset did nothing. What's a brand new Kindle user to do? So frustrating! :(

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mine was fine out of the box. It wasn't until setting it aside to charge for the evening and picking it up quite recently that I discovered it frozen. Nothing I've tried has unfrozen it. I'm still staring at the frozen screensaver... :(

·
Registered
335 Posts
To do a reset you have to make sure you unplug the charger and then hold the power switch for 15 seconds.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Aha! I just held it for 45 seconds and it appeared nothing happened. I sat it down on my lap to report the bad news when I looked down and saw it was resetting. Thanks everyone. I'm going to go read now! :)

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Glad that worked. Happy reading.

·
Registered
11,722 Posts
MarkBakalor said:
Aha! I just held it for 45 seconds and it appeared nothing happened. I sat it down on my lap to report the bad news when I looked down and saw it was resetting. Thanks everyone. I'm going to go read now! :)
It does seem to take a bit longer than what I 'm used to. I need to just be a little more patient. I thought it froze up when I tried the Text to Speech...It's just slow to start.

Same thing with opening a book from Archive...Give it a few seconds.

Patience is not one of my attributes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.