Kindle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having such a hard time finding time to write!!!!

Part of it is, I just can't write erotica with my family in the room. That's just squicky to me. So I have to wait until my daughter goes to sleep.

Then everyone else is interrupting me. Hubby wants me to proofread his homework. My crazy mother-in-law hovers over me and jabbers in her native tongue (I'm not good enough etc...). The dogs want to go out etc...

And the last 2 weeks have been nuts: Nasty stomach flu, dog ran away and came back but not without a lot of drama, almost burned the house down (scariness!), we went to Toronto, came back, five tornados ensued which meant we spent a lot of time in the basement and now we all have colds which are making everyone cranky (picture 2 adults and one toddler squabbling over popsicle flavors to soothe sore throats, that was my entire day today).

Craziness.

It's not for lack of trying that I haven't been writing. I hope things calm down soon!  Dear Universe: I have goals, you know and they don't involve any of the above so quit it. Thanks.

M

·
Registered
12,227 Posts
Sorry you're having such a sucky time of it. I know how hard it is for us moms to carve out writing time. Hopefully things will settle down for you soon. <Hugs>

·
Registered
6,565 Posts
M --

Boy do I hear you. I've been suffering from a repetitive stress injury to my shoulder, which has stopped me from writing more than about fifty words at a time -- right when I finally had time to write! Ahhhhhh!

And today, I woke up and my shoulder was fine. I did a little work, was about to settle down for a great writing session, when we had a tornado warning. So grabbed the cats and computer and headed for the basement.... And the height of the table I was working at was exactly wrong for my shoulder. By the time the warning was over, my left arm was useless again. Ahhhhh Ahhhh!

But my arm seems to be recovering faster this time, so maybe I'll get something done tonight. But I only have one more day before my free time is over. And some other things have cropped up which could lead to more problems and loss of sleep.

If you've got a continuing issue, you may have to be frustrated for a bit before you work it out. IMHO, if you can't write, you should devote that time to resolving the issue that prevents you from writing. You may have to brainstorm some solutions. You may realize you need some physical personal space to break the cycle of interruptions. You may need to mess with your schedule further. You may need to plan ahead, and not try to write at certain times because it will be useless. Or you may have to do something else -- like if you feel you need privacy and don't have it, type blindly in a dingbat font, so nobody can read over your shoulder. You'll have to clean it up later, but you might feel a little more relaxed.

Camille

1 - 3 of 3 Posts