Kindle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I'm looking for an RSS feed of the full NY Times. The only feed I can find gives a one sentence description of the article and that's it. Any ideas?

·
Registered
143 Posts
ChrisIsBored said:
Can't help you with the RSS feed, but the blog edition of the NYT's is great!
...location of blog deleted...
I quite agree. I love getting the 12 articles updated several times a day. I end up reading and enjoying most of these.

·
Registered
28 Posts
There are so many ways to get RSS on the Kindle...  Someone should write a book.

Try using the Mobipocket reader.  That would be my first choice.

Woody

·
Registered
460 Posts
Woody said:
There are so many ways to get RSS on the Kindle... Someone should write a book.

Try using the Mobipocket reader. That would be my first choice.

Woody
Good call, this is a great little bit of software.

·
Registered
12,250 Posts
I am interesting in getting some news blogs. Seems like the new york times is a very popular one. How does it compare to the AP? And what blog would be good for world news stuff? I see there is a AP world, but no reviews on that.

What about the Reuters one?

·
Registered
615 Posts
Atunah said:
I am interesting in getting some news blogs. Seems like the new york times is a very popular one. How does it compare to the AP? And what blog would be good for world news stuff? I see there is a AP world, but no reviews on that.

What about the Reuters one?
The NY Times Latest News one, about 3 times a day, is unbeatable, in my view - beautifully written stories. And, usually a nice pic to go along with at least two of them.

However, people should not miss kindlefeeder.com which takes the offered RSS feeds from various places and then sends them in ONE batch, daily, at a time you choose, to your Kindle, with a Table of Contents linking you to the various periodicals. Some are summaries from those sites, with links TO the story (so you'd have to use your wireless if interested in more) while others are full feeds.

Sign up with a user name and an email address and you'll be shown the full current listing. You can also request that other news areas or blogs be included in the offerings. Of course you will need to give the site permission to send the daily-set to your Kindle address for this to happen.

It's free, but donations are welcome, and you can have up to 12 or so periodicals without needing to pay.

I get Gizmodo, Engadget, Huff Post (full feed), NYTimes Most E-Mailed, and TVSquad -- these are blogs I would not spend subscription money on but I like to skim them every now and then. In the meantime I do subscribe to NYT Latest News, Slate.com and Newsweek, so Amazon is not losing $ to kindlefeeder.com with me, as I would not be subscribing to the others for $.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts