Kindle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I'm sitting here fartin around on the internet and checkin out the KB when my boss drives up.

I tell him someone just called looking for him.

"Yep, that was Chris.  He's bored and wanted to know if I wanted to shoot some pigeons."

So, my boss and one of the junior supervisors of the lumber mill are out in the lumber yard shooting pigeons with shot guns.

I bet this never happens at anyone else's job.

I asked them to leave  few dead ones laying around for the cats that scavenge around out there.

Oh yeah, I asked him, "If Sarah Palin went hunting with Dick Cheny, Who would win?"

He said, "I'd rather hunt with Dick Cheny than go for a ride with Ted Kennedy."

Yes, we do have fun here.

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
My first job (which my family says wasn't really work) was at the base church. I was thirdteen and answering phone call, but since we'd only get call once every 2-3 hours I was left doing my own thing. the only time I actually worked was during the summer bible camp. During my free time (which was the vast majority of the day), I'd spend playing the grand piano, attempting to learn the guitar, watching TV, or playing a part in whatever exercise on base.

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
M boss just called me

"See those birds on the light pole, directlly accross from the scale?  go out there and scare them down my way."

Vampy grabs a mop..points it at points the birs oln the pole "BANG" and they fly away.  trudges back inside to the saftey under the desk.

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok then, you provided a service and was paid for your time.  It was a job.

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Whenever the topic of my first job comes up with the family....everyone says it wasn't a job. Like you said, I fulfilled my job description as a receptionist and got paid....its a job.

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Fun at work?  Hmmm....I have tons of stories, but my recent favorite concerns a hearing involving a man suing a woman.  She was his estranged wife.  Seems she gave him a call at work one day and asked if she could go into his house.  He told her yes.  At some period not long after he had to go to the emergency room.  He was suffering from a case of poison ivy in a rather unlikely place.  Alledgedly, while the wife was in his house she decided to rub some poison ivy plants into selected undergarments belonging to the gentleman. 
Moral of the story (for men)...if you put it where it doesn't belong, it should itch a little.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ummm... but isn't my Fruit of the Looms where it does belong? ???

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Flies are a serious source of disease. I recommend you keep yours closed

1 - 13 of 13 Posts