Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We've been posting some of these in other threads, thought it would be fun to have them in one place!

Beam Me Up

How much wood can a woodchuck chuck?

Who's your daddy?

(Got these from a thread on Amazon)

Betsy

·
Registered
9,635 Posts
For Star Trek fans only:

Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.

(I didn't discover this one myself)

·
Super Moderator
67,326 Posts
The Hooded Claw said:
For Star Trek fans only:

Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.

(I didn't discover this one myself)
I'm going to guess that there will be a clever answer to almost any question or comment that is a known television/movie sci-fi meme. After all, the thing was invented by a bunch of geeks. :D

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ann in Arlington said:
I'm going to guess that there will be a clever answer to almost any question or comment that is a known television/movie sci-fi meme. After all, the thing was invented by a bunch of geeks. :D
That's what I told hubby when it responded to beam me up. Though I didn't know the Tea, Earl Grey, Hot reference. Not enough of Trekkie, I guess.

It did know What is the meaning of life? however. :D

Betsy

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
About the earth...

What does the earth weigh? The answer takes 24 seconds, though she does give it in both pounds and kilograms. :D

When is the end of the world? of When will the world end

Is there a Santa?

Make me a sandwich.

What is the best tablet? (Siri and Alexa differ on this, obviously.)

Borrowed some of these from a list of things to ask Siri. Some of the Siri questions worked (above), some didn't.

·
Super Moderator
67,326 Posts
What's the answer to the ultimate question of Life, the Universe, and Everything?

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ann in Arlington said:
What's the answer to the ultimate question of Life, the Universe, and Everything?
Yeah, I think it answered that right, too. Not being a big fan of Hitchhiker's Guide. I think I answered that last night based on something I read. Or you can just ask it What is the meaning of life..

Betsy

·
Registered
9,635 Posts
Ann in Arlington said:
Well, they missed out on Klaatu barada nikto. I guess that is too old school.

·
Registered
9,635 Posts
I've successfully listened to many podcasts on tunein, but can't access some on Echo for no visible reason. Also, listening to CNN via Echo seemingly ought to be possible, but Echo always announces that CNN content is unavailable, except for Anderson Cooper for some reason.

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
NogDog said:
Alexa, what is the airspeed velocity of a swallow?

:)
Teehee! She knew that one!

The Hooded Claw said:
I've successfully listened to many podcasts on tunein, but can't access some on Echo for no visible reason. Also, listening to CNN via Echo seemingly ought to be possible, but Echo always announces that CNN content is unavailable, except for Anderson Cooper for some reason.
I've gotten CNN on occasion....but not often. :( Got it just now by saying Alexa Play CNN Tunein :eek: Only about the third time I've gotten it.

You should definitely give feedback if you can't get it to work.

Betsy

·
Super Moderator
67,326 Posts
Ask it what "inconceivable" means. And then tell it, "I do not think it means what you think it means."

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ann in Arlington said:
Ask it what "inconceivable" means. And then tell it, "I do not think it means what you think it means."
:D

You can't really have a conversation with it, you know. ;)

Betsy

·
Registered
5,509 Posts
Ann in Arlington said:
Also, Amazon owns the Internet Movie Database (IMDb), an online provider of information related to movies, TV programs, and video games. :)

·
Registered
9,635 Posts
NogDog said:
Alexa, what is the airspeed velocity of a swallow?

:)
Sure also has at least two good answers to what is your favorite color?

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I asked Alexa last night Best Picture Oscar 1973? and she knew! (The Sting.) You can ask with or without the word Oscar. She'll do Best Picture, Best Actor and Actress but not Best Director. And if you ask "Who won the Best Actor Oscar in 1973" she'll honk at you. ;)

Ann: What is your quest?
To seek the Holy Grail.
Is that supposed to be from something in particular?

Betsy

1 - 20 of 73 Posts