Kindle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got this review on Amulet:

This item is what it was represented to be, and I am most appreciative of the fact that I received what I paid for.
That's it. I'm not sure whether he posted it to the wrong item, or I whether I should be flattered.

Or maybe not, since it's a free book. ;D ;D ;D

·
Registered
5,262 Posts
lol! That's kinda like "I bought this book, and it turned out to be a book." Maybe the guy was still in the throes and couldn't think straight? Is the review a little sticky?

·
Registered
11,688 Posts
swolf said:
Got this review on Amulet:

That's it. I'm not sure whether he posted it to the wrong item, or I whether I should be flattered.

Or maybe not, since it's a free book. ;D ;D ;D
I think it's called a back-handed compliment ;D

·
Registered
180 Posts
This sounds like a review for a third party seller, as in a used book vendor. This reads like a normal review for one of them. Customers are encouraged to rate their purchases from those vendors. Maybe he didn't know what he was reviewing. It will look odd next to the other reviews.  :)

·
Administrator
10,097 Posts
Dan C. Rinnert said:
All his recent reviews say that. ;)
Sort of like writing the same thing on every one of your holiday cards.

·
Registered
12,252 Posts
I remember back in the day when I ordered lots of stuff off ebay, some items where inexpensive and small and so I ended up with 100's of reviews to do. So I just went through and copied and pasted the same sentence into all of them.

With the reminders to review items on amazon we get in the email now, this could be one of those cases. Some people look at amazon reviews the same way as those ebay reviews. And the reviewer gets to clean off the pages of still to do reviews in one swoop.  ;D

·
Registered
5,897 Posts
Atunah said:
With the reminders to review items on amazon we get in the email now, this could be one of those cases.
That, but also your review has to have at least twenty words, and some may be just mischievous.

This one is a classic on Amazon UK:

"Ordered a can of air. Received a can of air in a bag which was also full of air. I am now the proud owner of a can of air. It was delivered to my house. Quickly. I am pleased."

;D

http://www.amazon.co.uk/review/R3KXJ6FI579LEL

1 - 10 of 10 Posts