Kindle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know we don't talk craft on here much, but I couldn't resist recommending a new craft book that is blowing my socks off. Cliff Notes version: Instead of the well-known hero's journey, many stories follow a different trajectory (which doesn't have to have a female main character but often does). The heroine's journey is all about gathering collaborators rather than striking off on your own, and she succeeds with the help of others.

I'd be curious to hear what others think if you check the book out!

·
Registered
587 Posts
Sounds super interesting.  I always like a non-traditional story, and getting another perspective on it might be worth a read.  Definitely putting reading it down on the to-do list.

And, craft stuff is fun.  There is a ton of useful information about marketing and the business end, but sometimes it's nice just to sit back and say, hey, storytelling is an interesting and diverse adventure.  So, thanks, for the craft talk and the book recommendation  :D

·
Registered
237 Posts
I'm reading it now and love it. Like Bite the Dusty, I'd also read anything Gail writes. Big fan.

I found that so far it wasn't anything I didn't already know but it wasn't a knowing of consciously knowing it but unconsciously knowing it. There were a lot of moments where it wasn't new information but more like 'you know, now that I think on it, I see it all the time and it makes perfect sense now'.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts