Kindle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I had a BookBub International Featured Deal back in July 2020 (see (3) Promotion Results - Bookbub Dilemma | Kindle Forum (kboards.com) ) which was quite successful.

Since then I have continued to apply for a US featured deal without success but now BookBub have offered me another International Deal.

I'm a little reluctant to go ahead with this one as I feel its too soon after the previous - i.e. would there be too few new BookBub readers viewing the ad to make it worthwhile this time ?

My other worry is that if I reject this offer would it affect my chances of eventually getting a US featured deal ?

Any thoughts or experiences from fellow Kboarders would be most welcome 馃槉

Registered
I would take it, if it was me. I figure, it's not just the number of new subscribers since the last time. Another thing to consider is that the people on the list get an email every day. How many of them open it every day? Maybe some only open it when they are looking for a new book to read, or when they have a bit of extra time. The mix of people who actually open it on any given day is going to be different every time. The bottom line is, I'm sure you'll get plenty of fresh eyes on it.

Registered
I'd follow their own rule. They won't advertise the same book earlier than six month intervals. If after and they accept you, I wouldn't over think it. I'd just do it. But that's me.

Many will speak of international promos not being as good as full runs but I think they are still great exposure for your brand--if you can afford the expense.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Many will speak of international promos not being as good as full runs
Yes - I recall last time a few people from this forum didn't give the international promo a good wrap but I went ahead and got over 900 kindle sales at 99c. The tail wasn't overly spectacular but still worthwhile.

Registered
It won't affect your chance of getting a US deal. I've had a few International Deals that went well, and a few months later, I applied for a US deal and got it.

Registered
Take the deal. I've had quite a few Bookbubs over the past couple of years, both USA and international, and while USA is definitely far more profitable (that's where the readers are) international is also still at least a return on investment.

I'd follow their own rule. They won't advertise the same book earlier than six month intervals. If after and they accept you, I wouldn't over think it.
100%. I have alerts set up on my phone to notify me when one of my books is eligible again in either stream, and when they go off I submit that day.

Registered
My last BB deal was for an International Only Freebie and it did very, very well and my 'tail' is just beginning to slacken 2 months on. So I'd go for it!

Registered
I rejected an international ad, they haven't accepted me for a USA one since then ( or even international) then again they are so damn picky its hard to know if its because i turned down the international ad or if it was because they are picky

Registered
i rejected an internat'l only deal & explained (politely) i would not be accepting international only deals in future AND i have had many deals since but 1)i had many deals before also so they knew i was mostly easy to work with 2)i explained in a no-blame fashion why doing internat'l only deals really weren't worth it for me even tho i was generally allowed to run a US-only deal a few weeks later

be courteous, have a history, & be a reasonable person

for me, internat'l-only deals are more trouble than they're worth & i'm past the point where "exposure" or "break even" is worth doing

but that's me & not necessarily you, so YMMV

whatever you choose to do, be respectful of their time & the opportunity offered

we don't have to take every opportunity but we should respect the fact that it was offered in a spirit of mutual benefit

Registered
Curious as to why people turn down internationals? I've always made a profit from them (not just broken even). It doesn't begin to compare to a US deal but is still better than 90% of the other newsletters out there.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts