Kindle Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My latest review for dollhouse says the below:

Dc gggghhgvfx
Sgt rd bugging high f2f grid high gnocchifhygb min and the other day that I have been a long time.

Do you contact author central or KDP when this happens and do they do anything?
Thanks :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
um... ok, it disappeared in the last 5 minutes, after being there for half a day.
magic  ;D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
787 Posts
I'm sure it didn't help, but I did report it as being complete gibberish. (Fascinating thing about it was: exactly 20 words. So, drunk or not, the reviewer could count.)

Second fascinating thing--I was so impressed that you were happy to jettison a 4 star review. ;) Some of the cynics on KB think that authors only complain about the 1 stars.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,648 Posts
ElisaBlaisdell said:
I'm sure it didn't help, but I did report it as being complete gibberish. (Fascinating thing about it was: exactly 20 words. So, drunk or not, the reviewer could count.)

Second fascinating thing--I was so impressed that you were happy to jettison a 4 star review. ;) Some of the cynics on KB think that authors only complain about the 1 stars.
yeahhhhh that was my next comment ... LOL.

I think maybe a kitty cat posted that review!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry. 'twas close to midnight here last night when I posted & I didn't see replies. If anyone here clicked any magic button that got rid of the gabble, I thank you  :D

William, I'm hoping no one here would want to leave a review like that based on whether they got a low or high star rating  :eek: (And as Elisa said, it was a 4)

Dalya, maybe a drunk kitty kat....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
993 Posts
Dalya said:
yeahhhhh that was my next comment ... LOL.

I think maybe a kitty cat posted that review!
If an infinite number of kittens were left to bang on an infinite number of keyboards, sooner or later they would accidentally produce an incoherent Amazon review.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
385 Posts
ElisaBlaisdell said:
I'm sure it didn't help, but I did report it as being complete gibberish. (Fascinating thing about it was: exactly 20 words. So, drunk or not, the reviewer could count.)

Second fascinating thing--I was so impressed that you were happy to jettison a 4 star review. ;) Some of the cynics on KB think that authors only complain about the 1 stars.
I think plenty of us report high-star reviews when they are inappropriate. There is a five-star right now on Dark Road that got posted yesterday that we have reported. Although it starts out with the names of both books in the series, it is clearly not for our books because it references plot points and locations that have nothing at ALL to do with either book. Looking over her other reviews, it's pretty clear she just got some books confused, but why would any author want to leave a misleading review up, just because it is four or five stars?? Either you are giving potential readers the wrong idea about what's in your book (potentially), or, if it's obviously not for your book, it kinda looks like a "shill gone wild", and we can't be too careful with our reputations these days.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
385 Posts
Anya said:
um... ok, it disappeared in the last 5 minutes, after being there for half a day.
magic ;D
In the future, if it happens again, you contact Author Central with as much identifying information for the review as possible and they will take a look at it. In the meantime, you can down vote it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,222 Posts
Satchya said:
I think plenty of us report high-star reviews when they are inappropriate. There is a five-star right now on Dark Road that got posted yesterday that we have reported. Although it starts out with the names of both books in the series, it is clearly not for our books because it references plot points and locations that have nothing at ALL to do with either book. Looking over her other reviews, it's pretty clear she just got some books confused, but why would any author want to leave a misleading review up, just because it is four or five stars?? Either you are giving potential readers the wrong idea about what's in your book (potentially), or, if it's obviously not for your book, it kinda looks like a "shill gone wild", and we can't be too careful with our reputations these days.
I reported a 4* review on one of my books that didn't appear to be about my book, as the reviewer said she bought the rest of the series and I don't have any series out there. Amazon did nothing, so I just left a comment on the review saying I believed it was for someone else's book.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Satchya said:
In the future, if it happens again, you contact Author Central with as much identifying information for the review as possible and they will take a look at it. In the meantime, you can down vote it.
Thanks Satchya - will remember that for the future. I didn't think hitting the 'abuse' button was appropriate and wasn't sure of the best contact option.
Elisa, I somehow missed that you reported it - many thanks as I think that did the trick :)
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top