Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I did it. I broke down and did it. My credit card is crying but all of you love yours so I did it.

https://www.oberondesign.com/shop/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=926

it was a toss up between the Oberon and the M-edge red. My coworker told me to go for the Oberon even if it was more because I won't change my covers and it's really really pretty! I chose the one with all the corners and not Velcro.

Theresam

·
Registered
11,722 Posts
It's really pretty. I have the same one and just adore mine. It's a beautiful, rich, deep purple. The pictures on the website don't do it justice. I also love that this one has the design on both the front and the back. I think the only way I'd get another cover is if Oberon came out with some of the others I want that are only available as journals.

·
Registered
368 Posts
I ordered the same one a couple of days ago.  I feel the same way.  I don't want multiple covers, just one.  I want a cover that will last and be beautiful.  The Oberon just made sense from what I have read here.  I can hardly wait...hurry, hurry, hurry!

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the support!  My kindle does deserve a cover that will keep it from sliding out and onto my head when I read! Lets see how much more I can justify my purchase:
1) I plan on having it for years so divide 75 by lets say 10 years!
2) It would cost more than that to replace my kindle if broken from slipping out of it's cover
3) I'm helping the economy??

Molly that was one of hte main reasons I went over to Oberon instead of M-edge, I want one that's beautiful and lasts!

So I'll just tell my mother when she asks how much, that its only $8 a year for a 10 years  ;D ;D

thanks luvmy4brats, I couldn't tell if the design went on both sides. I'm glad it will look better in person!

theresam

·
Registered
337 Posts
I ordered the same one Jan 2 and can't wait to see it.  The picture is so pretty.  I am still on the waiting list for the Kindle.  I guess I'll just have to admire the cover by itself for a few weeks.

·
Registered
5,981 Posts
4) It is made in America
5) You are supporting those who are keeping more traditional art techniques alive and well (Ok so it is a bit of a stretch)

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
You will be very happy.  Pictures don't do the covers justice...I just got my Tree of Life today.  I love it.  So detailed.  Mine has corners too.  Very nice, and sturdy.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Congrats on your kindle purchase Sheltimom, hopefully it won’t take to long to arrive!  :)

ProfCrash, excellent additions to my justifications for purchasing the cover, oh and I did that wait 24 hours and think about it. I've thought about it since Dec 1st!!

Luvmy4brats, nice picture, looks like they used a very nice purple. I like the deep and light purple mixture.

Neversleeps, I was wondering what that one would look like in person. It's a little to busy for me, I think, but then again I would have to see it in person.  Wonder how many covers a person really needs lol.

theresam

·
Registered
11,722 Posts
Jaderose said:
May I ask what the pink trim is?

It's a Belkin bag I picked up at Target. It's made for the mini-laptops, but is the perfect size for the Kindle.

bkworm8it said:
Luvmy4brats, nice picture, looks like they used a very nice purple. I like the deep and light purple mixture.

theresam
My picture makes it look just a bit lighter. The butterfly itself is nearly black

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
bkworm8it said:
Neversleeps, I was wondering what that one would look like in person. It's a little to busy for me, I think, but then again I would have to see it in person. Wonder how many covers a person really needs lol.

theresam
It is very beautiful....Love it :) Here is a picture I took of it :)

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
I too have the Butterfly.  I noticed on a different thread last night, on the new poll for Oberon covers, that the Butterfly was ahead in the poll by a couple of votes at that point. 
I love the Iris they have in other styles.  I can't justify another purple cover though for any reason.  Darn.
debbie

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Neversleepsawink;) said:
It is very beautiful....Love it :) Here is a picture I took of it :)
Wow, seeing it flat like that; it's stunnig. Thanks for the picture Neversleeps

Theresam

I

·
0 Posts
bkworm8it said:
Ok I did it. I broke down and did it. My credit card is crying but all of you love yours so I did it.

https://www.oberondesign.com/shop/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=926

it was a toss up between the Oberon and the M-edge red. My coworker told me to go for the Oberon even if it was more because I won't change my covers and it's really really pretty! I chose the one with all the corners and not Velcro.

Theresam
The dark side claims another. Say hello to your new daddy.

I'm just teasing. I hope you enjoy your new cover.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts