Kindle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from an Aussie living in Texas.  My Kindle arrived this week and I love it.  I love to read but since I run my own business and never seem to have much spare time, I usually only get a chance to read when waiting at the Dr's or hairdressers or when I travel.  When travelling I never leave home without at least 4 or 5 books so owning a Kindle is going to cut down a lot on the weight of my luggage.

I've already found some great info (and some great books) here so thanks to everyone who contributes.

Jo

B

·
0 Posts
Welcome, Aussie. We are glad to have you here. Beware of Leslie, she has been obsessed with all things Australia lately.

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Welcome, Aussie01!

Congratulations on your new Kindle and welcome to the Kindleboards!

We've got lots of tips & tricks, great accessory recommendations, and lots of book recommendations in the Book Corner!  Plus we're going to have Book Klubs beginning in January!

Betsy

·
Registered
186 Posts
Welcome Ausse01.  The Kindle should be great for travel. 

I would like to assure you that the Republic of Texas IS now part of the US and what they are speaking IS English. ;D  Then again, so is what is spoken in Oz, but... ::)

This Board is very well run and moderated so I think you will enjoy it here. 

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Welcome, Aussie, glad to have you here!

Contrary to what LR says, I am not obsessed with all things Australia, just a certain movie and a certain movie star...

Hugh says welcome too!

L

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cush, I hate to disagree with you but I know a lot of people who think they speak Texan.  LOL  If there is one thing I've learnt since I've been here, besides that fact that every major road and freeway in Houston has at least 3 different names which I'm sure is done on purpose to confuse foreigners, is to say Y'all without an Aussie accent  ::)

G'day Hugh, I'll be home soon for Christmas so how about you and Deborah Lee to throw a few prawns on the barbie, put the VB on ice and invite me over?

Jo

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Hi Aussie (Jo) and welcome! I am in NE Texas and recently moved back here from Houston. The hubby is still living in Houston working and comes home on weekends. Congrats on getting your Kindle and feel free to join in the fun!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts