Kindle Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all - just wanted to officially say "hi."  I've been a lurker for AGES...I feel like I know you all already!
I am one of those waiting for the K2 to arrive.  Had ordered way back just after Christmas, and was expecting "the Klassic." T'was not to be...but, it's all good!  I've been prowling these boards since I placed my order after finding a link on the Amazon Boards...and haven't looked back!  Like I've  already said...I feel like we've been though so much already ....the never ending backlog period....the buildup to the "big announcement".....and the aftermath!  In between, spending waaay too much $$ at Oberon and StrangeDog, not to mention that pesky "one-click" button on Amazon for all the books I am waiting to read....ahh, good times!!

Anyway - a bit about myself...Living in Boston (hmmm 15+ years now...); originally from Dublin, Ireland. Married 10 years (yikes!), no kiddies, but one fur-baby....Life is good!  (and will be soooooo much better when I get my grubby hands on my K2).  Thanks to all for making this a great place to come and learn!
Slainte!!
Audrey

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Welcome KK, nice to have you here.  Glad you decided to come out of lurkdom and tell us about yourself. 
We'll be happy to wait with you, and be sure to fill us in when your K2 arrives.
deb

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Hi Audrey - nice to have you here.  Is that your furbaby in your avantar?  Be sure and post some pictures in our pet thread in Not Quite Kindle.  We are almost as passionate about our furbabies as we are our kindles.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Anju said:
Hi Audrey - nice to have you here. Is that your furbaby in your avantar? Be sure and post some pictures in our pet thread in Not Quite Kindle. We are almost as passionate about our furbabies as we are our kindles.
Yup - that's Charley! A VERY CUTE 4yr old old Cairn terror - oops, I mean "terrier." ahhh - the pet thread...I must go see ;D
Thanks for the welcome!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Welcome Audrey!

My kid is a freshman at Northeastern, Go Huskies!  I'd never been to Boston before we attended parent orientation and now it is hard to stay away -- I loved walking the Freedom Trail, taking the Duck Tour, the restaurants - OH MY.

I call my Oliver a Yorkshire Terror, so I understand COMPLETELY Charley.

Look forward to reading more from you :)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Malibama said:
Welcome Audrey!

My kid is a freshman at Northeastern, Go Huskies! I'd never been to Boston before we attended parent orientation and now it is hard to stay away -- I loved walking the Freedom Trail, taking the Duck Tour, the restaurants - OH MY.

I call my Oliver a Yorkshire Terror, so I understand COMPLETELY Charley.

Look forward to reading more from you :)
Hey! Right in my neighborhood! I live in the South End...a stones throw from Northeastern. My husband is a Wentworth alum - right next door to them. Boston is such a big "college town." Try to find a U-Haul rental over Labor Day in this town!! Easier to get Pats tix! Thanks for the welcome!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts