Kindle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to know about the COMPANIES, not the skin designs. I have asked this question before and got bombarded with skin suggestions.. mostly that was my fault, though for not making myself very clear. I don't own either, but from the websites, there are a few different things that I both like and dislike about the companies.
Gelaskins- the website seems to be a lot better-looking than decalgirls. I don't like the only glossy option and the fact that it is $20 for a glossy, compared to 15 at decalgirl. I do like that the gelaskins seems to be a bit more sturdy-looking with the snakeskin pattern. I like the designs on Gelaskins better than Decalgirl's for the most part..
Decalgirl- seems like there are more stretching problems than with Gelaskins. Their search engine works a lot better than Gelakins, going with keywords instead of titles.

That's my input, what's yours?

·
Registered
951 Posts
I personally prefer decalgirl.

Their customer service is great and it has never taken more than a week for me to get my skins (even when I did a custom order) and I live across the country from them.  Also, now that I have purchased a matte skin I will never go back to glossy, the glare drives me crazy.

That said, other than the glossy vs matte thing, there isn't a huge difference between my decalgirl and my brother's gelaskin.  If gelaskins has the design you prefer I would go with them.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Gelaskins.  The skins are sturdier, and have almost no problems with air bubbles due to the design of the 3M adhesive.  I also like the fact you can design your own skin on their site.  I've ordered from both, Gelaskins for my Kindle, Decalgirl for the daughter's, and even invisibledefenders for the husband.  Out of the three, the one likely to get repeat business would have to be Gelaskins.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Gelaskin - nice quality but I don't like the glossy finish and not as many designs that appeal to me.

Decalgirl - like the matte finish and quality is good although I would rate Gelaskin a tiny bit better.  More designs to choose from and that appeal to me.  The matte finish is the big selling point with these.  Great company to deal with and they often have codes that make them more reasonable - good for those that change often.

Skinit - again the glossy finish but offer sports ones that others don't.  DH has the Packer one right now.  Their skins don't include pieces to cover the page turning buttons. 

1 - 5 of 5 Posts