Kindle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else read these? They are hilarious and appalling at the same time. Okay, yes it is strange that they only make the skin for the back of the Kindle (what's the point? Doesn't everyone use a case?) and they *are* very overpriced- $20 plus shipping for just a back skin when you can get the back and front for less from DecalGirl and 3acp.com, but what gets me is all the people complaining obviously didn't read the product description where it says what it is and that it only covers the BACK. One person actually complained that it was hard to take off the FRONT everytime he wanted to read his Kindle and gave it one star! Just unbelievable...LOL!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That would be a fun read! The negative Kindle reviews are even funnier, esp. the ones from people who don't even own one..LOL!

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Why do people do that anyway?? The day the K2 was launched, there were tons of reviews on Amazon about the K2. lol  ??? Some people I tell ya.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I love GelaSkins work, so I actually emailed them about skins for the front. They said that was a few months away :/ I don't see why, but oh well.

Also, GelaSkins has some far nicer art than the ones they chose to do on Amazon. I hope they do end up "porting" their skins to Kindle for real.

·
Registered
122 Posts
akjak said:
I love GelaSkins work, so I actually emailed them about skins for the front. They said that was a few months away :/ I don't see why, but oh well.
If they were slow off the mark about recognizing the demand for skins for both sides of the Kindle 2, then they're up against production lag; before they can start producing skins for the front of the Kindle 2, they've got to get the cutting dies built, and then set up the production line -- if they just cut a separate skin for the front and bag it with the back-side skin, then they need a separate cutting line and the hardware to feed the lines together for packaging, and if they cut the front and back on a single sheet like Decalgirl, then they need a different-sized cutting machine. And either of those takes time to set up. They might choose to shorten the lag time by using their existing Kindle 2 cutter to run a batch of backs, then swap cutting dies and run a batch of fronts, but that would only happen if they feel a need to get product out quickly. But regardless of which way they go, they're already losing market share to Decalgirl and 3acp and others, so they may not be able to recoup their up-front costs quickly enough to satisfy management.

·
Registered
21,587 Posts
NYCKindleFan said:
Has anyone else read these? They are hilarious and appalling at the same time. Okay, yes it is strange that they only make the skin for the back of the Kindle (what's the point? Doesn't everyone use a case?) and they *are* very overpriced- $20 plus shipping for just a back skin when you can get the back and front for less from DecalGirl and 3acp.com, but what gets me is all the people complaining obviously didn't read the product description where it says what it is and that it only covers the BACK. One person actually complained that it was hard to take off the FRONT everytime he wanted to read his Kindle and gave it one star! Just unbelievable...LOL!!!
Thank you very much for sharing this.
I have not been back very much since discovering KindleBoards.
I just found the forum a messy place to wander around - wasted a lot of time.
But there were always these very strange messages.
Thanks again - LOL. :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts