Kindle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I hope this is in the right forum and hasn't been done before (I did a quick search so I think it's unique!).

Basically, this thread is similar to the Oberon picture thread - post pictures of your Kindle with the skin on.

I'm trying to decide which GelaSkin I want for my Kindle, and I'm indecisive - as nice as the pictures on the websites are - I'd rather have user images to look at.

So please, post your Kindle + GelaSkin images here - doesn't matter about picture quality, I just want a feel of the look.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Have you narrowed it down to any in particular?  Did you look at Decalgirl too? 

Are there certain designs or colors you prefer?

Do you have your kindle in a cover?

I look forward to seeing the pics.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'd prefer GelaSkins simply because they're the officially pushed product on Amazon UK.

As for the rest of the questions... well, I'm torn.

Part of me wants a 'dark' type, this one caught my eye:

But also I quite like the simple designs such as:

...They're quite different, so that's why I thought I'd make this thread. It also may be useful for others in the same situation as me.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
I don't have the Endangered Owl on my Kindle yet but I did get that one from my husband as a gift.  I am saving it for fall.  Unfortunately I keep my k3 in a cover so I won't be able to see the back all the time.

My first skin was a lighter skin (white, light gray and some red) and I found it distracting.  I find that I prefer darker and not too bright or busy.  I have the graphite kindle so someone that likes the white version might feel differently.

I have a red cover and love red.  I'm not sure how I would feel reading with the red skin on.    You could make a red "frame" out of paper and try reading with that on to see if you like the color and contrast against the screen.  So even though I am a red lover, I would go with the owl.  I think it would be more relaxing and the owl is so cute.

Hopefully we'll see some pics and get some other input for you.

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
I have the She Who Dares skin on my Kindle and love it! I had been in love with that particular skin for a long time but was hesitant to take the plunge for a Gelaskins because they are glossy, and I really like the matte option offered by Decalgirl. But a couple of weeks ago, I finally decided to give it a try and I'm so happy I did! Yes, the skin is glossy, but it actually doesn't really bother me, and the quality of the skin is exceptional, and the colors have an incredible depth, even with the relatively monotonous skin I got, lol. Installation was a breeze, and it was really easy to reposition the skin when it was needed.

Without any further ado, here is my new skin ;D:

And here with the gorgeous matching screen saver NogDog was kind and patient enough to make for me :):

Oh, and you should check out the "Official Gelaskins Thread" - a few people have posted pics of their Gelaskins skinned Kindles there :)

No matter which one you end up choosing, I'm sure you will love it, they are all so gorgeous!!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.