Kindle Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Very interesting. Thanks, Robin!

As someone that writes erotic romance and erotica, I found the comparison between those two categories thought provoking.

First, I guess I never expected the number of titles to be so close, yet erotica is 52% the size of romance. And the numbers stay pretty close until they get to the $3+ range. At that point Romance make a big jump that none of the others really emulate, though fiction does have something similar early on.

The second thing I noticed when I graphed the numbers is that the number of erotica titles continued to rise right up to the $10 mark. Everything else, with the exception of childrens books had a drop at the $3-$4.99 range, and romance and fiction fell at $5. To me, that kind of indicates that erotica and childrens books might have more legs at these higher prices. Particularly the $3-$4.99 range.

I'll admit I'm not a statistician, so I could (and probably am) completely wrong. Most of the groups that sagged at the $3-$4.99 range did bounce at $5. Someone tell me where I've blown it. ;)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.