Kindle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
My ebook pages are images black and white. w 1500/ h 2000 / 100 resolution. I heard before amazon promote an ebook/book for 90 days if author agree to publish his book exclusive on their site. Is this correct?

·
Registered
7,615 Posts
Nope. Amazon doesn't promote for you. At best, if you sold a lot you'd be on the hot new releases list. Maybe you'd be mentioned in an email. But that's as far as it goes. Promoting your work is on you. You are the publisher, you have all the duties and obligations of the publisher.

It doesn't matter what your book is, ebook, print, color, black and white, no images. Doesn't matter at all.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you so much for clearing this point for me. I will do my best.

·
Registered
7,615 Posts
There are books and courses out there to explain how to sell books. Be wary of the scammy-sounding ones, that promise you a million sales for little money or effort. You can research to find recommended ones, here or just on the web.

·
Registered
622 Posts
M.Omer said:
Hi,
My ebook pages are images black and white. w 1500/ h 2000 / 100 resolution. I heard before amazon promote an ebook/book for 90 days if author agree to publish his book exclusive on their site. Is this correct?
I think what you mean is Kindle Unlimited. You enroll in it for 90 days (you can't quit before the 90 days expire) and you can't publish the book anywhere else, it has to be exclusive to Amazon. In return, you can set up your own promotional campaigns, mainly discounts and free giveaways, but promoting them will be entirely your responsibility. Occasionally, Amazon offers small promotional campaigns of its own but it's extremely rare.

·
Registered
13,301 Posts
Occasionally, Amazon offers small promotional campaigns of its own but it's extremely rare.
They do, and you patently do NOT need to be exclusive to be asked for this. You just need to have sold enough books for them to notice.

286 Posts
To KU or not to KU (Kindle Unlimited)

The advantages are  1) readers can read your books without paying any more for it than their monthly subscription fee, and  2) you have 5 free days every three months.  There are also Kindle Countdown deals, which I've never used but many authors do.

The disadvantages are  1) your book is exclusive for 90 days with Amazon, and 2) you are now more dependent on Amazon for your business.

For anyone who doesn't have many books, doesn't have money for advertising, writes in popular genres in KU...it can be a big benefit.  Other authors would rather be "wide" which means not in KU and able to list their books everywhere else AND Amazon (but not in their Kindle Unlimited program).

It's 90 days either way, so if you decide to try it...you're not bound to KU for more than those 90 days.  If you look around in this and other forums, you can see KU vs. wide is a major discussion topic.  Best of luck with your book and future sales!

ETA:  I have some books in KU and some wide, so I base the choice on genre, whether I want to sell that book on my own website, if it's part of a series that does well in KU, if it's free first in series, etc.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts