Kindle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a K2.  To my great suprise however the shipping date for my case (the patagonia, the belkin was even longer shipping) was delayed two weeks. 

I don't want to spend $100 for a case, plus I want one that zips up (to protect from spillage).  Are there other places I can get a case than amazon?

STB

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
You might look at Target.  They have zip up neoprene cases that are about $12.00.  There is a thread here in Accessories that talks about this subject that might have more options.  I'm not sure which one it is but I'm sure someone will know and post it here for you.  Congratulations on your first post, if you have not done so already please introduce yourself in the Introductions and Welcome board.

·
Registered
72 Posts
After my Oberon cover arrived, and I found out it is just a tad too big for my SF bag large sleeve case, I wanted a case fast, so yesterday I went to my local Target (remembering that earlier thread). After some hunting, I found the relevant cases at the end of one of the aisles near the electronics area, where they had some minilaptops for sale. The Belkin neoprene bags were $12.95 or thereabouts, but they seemed a little thin and didn't have a strap. Nice, though. The cheaper Belkin cloth cases weren't there, but I picked up a quilted Belkin ($19.95) that fits the Oberon like it was made for it. It also has a strap and is a lot stiffer than the neoprene bag and fits in my purse better than the K1 in the SF case. They also had a case with strap and projecting handles that was very tempting but wouldn't fit in my purse. Colors available for all three: plum, blue, and black. The quilted case has a top zipper, the neoprene has top and one side, and I think the one with handles was top zip.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I just bought a case on ebay called the neoprene sleeve case for the Kindle 2 - it also works for the Kindle 1 and it was a little over $10.  If you're looking for an inexpensive case that just simply protects your Kindle from scratches and spills I recommend this one.  I just wanted something that would protect my Kindle in my purse!  8)

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I kept mine in a square potholder from Bed Bath & Beyond until my Oberon arrived. Worked like a charm... padded and everything. And I now have another potholder in my kitchen. Score!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.