Kindle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 3 dogs, and they like to ride (if they wanna go, you gotta take 'em).  Anybody have good suggestions on how to remove  dog hair from a car? Non-leather interior.  I even tried the Shop Vac today. ;D

For those of you who remember the Lava Soap commercial: "nothing gets these hands clean mister, nothing".

·
Registered
901 Posts
I love my dog, Moses. And I have a car with cloth seats. Black. They show EVERY single dog hair.

The only thing I've found that does even REMOTELY well (and it's not perfect, so I'm still waiting for someone to suggest better) is the shop vac. But here's the catch... the static electricity on those little hairs is stronger than the vacuum sometimes. I spray the seats with febreeze or "static guard" first. One: It makes the car smell nice. And two: It breaks up the static charge for a minute or two while I run the vacuum over it.

I febreeze in stripes, then vacuum that stripe, rinse repeat until the back-seat is clean (as it will get). That way the hairs don't dry out and re-static-ify themselves.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
I have something so amazing, so fantastic, that you will wonder how you ever lived without it. You ready? You sure?

Scotch Fur Fighter They are pieces of fabric that have hooky (that's the technical term) things on one side and attach to the handle with something like velcro. You brush your sofa, car, whatever with it and the fur comes off with almost no effort. It's miraculous. The one down side is that you may become addicted to using them. I know I have. They aren't the cheapest thing in the world either, but I think they are worth it, especially when company is coming over!

·
Registered
9,479 Posts
Coral said:
I have something so amazing, so fantastic, that you will wonder how you ever lived without it. You ready? You sure?

Scotch Fur Fighter They are pieces of fabric that have hooky (that's the technical term) things on one side and attach to the handle with something like velcro. You brush your sofa, car, whatever with it and the fur comes off with almost no effort. It's miraculous. The one down side is that you may become addicted to using them. I know I have. They aren't the cheapest thing in the world either, but I think they are worth it, especially when company is coming over!
Best thing since sliced bread. Nothing else I have tried works as well.

·
Registered
3,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That is an amazing video!!!  They should have used my car for a demo. ;D  If this works, I will be one happy puppy (pun intended)!!

Thanks for the tip!  I'm sure hopeful it will be worth the price.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Coral said:

Oooooo... awesome! Note to self: Buy some of those on the way home tonight.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
I read the title as "Getting Dog Hair Out of A Cat". I'm relieved to see what it's really about. :)

Those fur grabbers look great! Our cats never ate dogs, but they did shed. We put washable fabric throws over the couches, which worked fairly well. If they'd ridden in the car other than in their carrier we'd have done the same, I think.

·
Registered
4,910 Posts
Check out the reviews on Amazon. One reviewer said something about washing the strips to save money? I check Amazon for reviews on most any product I'm unfamiliar with.

If you've seen my thread "Should I get a dog? I AM", you'll see I'm getting my puppy on Saturday. He's a Border Terrier. Attaway to go. They don't shed -- or at least very little. One site said you'll never find a hair (off the dog ;) )!!! The little bit of a downside is they need hand stripping to keep their coat looking good. I have to really learn how to do it.

·
Registered
12,244 Posts
spotsmom said:
I have 3 dogs, and they like to ride (if they wanna go, you gotta take 'em). Anybody have good suggestions on how to remove dog hair from a car? Non-leather interior. I even tried the Shop Vac today. ;D
Luckily I've got a non-shedder now but I sympathise. I used to have cats and in the summer time they shedded like crazy. My only suggestion aside from the vaccume is those lint roller things that are supposed to get hair off your clothes. They might work for car seats too.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Coral said:

I must've done something wrong - this didnt do diddely squat for me! Hardly picked up any hair, I thought it was a HUGE waste of money???

wonder if I did something wrong?

I did buy from Bed Bath and Beyond a "bone shaped" foam thingy that picks up the hair, but then you have this thing full of hair!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts