Kindle Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know Amazon still flags Author Rank as `beta' so not sure how scientific and robust it is, but the big news for me this morning was breaking into the Top 20 in my genre. When I last checked, was #18 on Horror (just two spots below Max Brooks and four below Blake Crouch) and #29 in Sci-fi......

http://www.amazon.com/author-rank/Horror/digital-text/157060011#2
Again, no idea how big a deal it is, since we've always measured success by book sales and individual book rankings, and this is a relatively new feature on Amazon, but still thought of sharing something I'm celebrating today!

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
Mainak Dhar said:
Again, no idea how big a deal it is, since we've always measured success by book sales and individual book rankings, and this is a relatively new feature on Amazon, but still thought of sharing something I'm celebrating today!
I have decided it is a big deal and you are AWESOME.

Congrats Mainak! :D

·
Registered
977 Posts
Yay! Congrats, Mainak (why do I always pronounce your name "maniac" in my head?). I think it's a huge deal!!!

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Now #14- just passed Blake Crouch and Max Brooks....

As for THE King, won't even pretend to be boxing in his weight class- getting on the same page as him in Author Rank would be privilege enough.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Mainak!

Great to see you back in the indie-verse, you've been quite for awhile.

And we're being a little modest aren't we? Before the reign of Mr. Howey and his arch-nemesis began, didn't you have about 3 books in the top twenty...for a long time running? Vimana, Alice in Deadland and Heroes? I could swear you did.

In any event, it's good to see you back with another bestseller.

Dave

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Dave...been a bit out of circulation with a lot going on over the last 10 odd months. My Dad had a stroke and passed away and I was in India with him for over a month while he was in hospital; within two months of that we moved to a new country and I had a new job...so settling down as a family and in our new home took it's time and toll. With all that going on, just writing a little bit every day was all I managed, and while I lurked here once in a while, was pretty much incommunicado. Now, things have settled to a more even keel, and am back.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Mainak Dhar said:
#10 and the same page as King....

This is where it gets unreal.
You can take him! Just beware -- he seems to finish a new novel every other week, so you'll have to write fast! He's bound to slow down sooner or later though. I'll have to check out a couple of your books and see what the fuss is about!

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
I'm so sorry to for your loss.

It's great to have you back. I know the last we heard, you were having great success. It's nice to see that momentum continuing. Congrats on the ranking. King, huh? It sounds like you've been drafted to the majors! I would say I hope it continues, but in your case, I'm sure it will!  :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts