Kindle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I have a recent PW, running 5.14.3.01. Throughout my Kindle books are small print "xhighlighters", with x being the number of times a passage has been highlighted. This is info I really don't need.
Anyone know how to make it go away?

·
Super Moderator
67,702 Posts
Yep -- it's in settings as Andra explained. I personally kind of like the book mentions -- that makes many real titles that might be mentioned in a book underlined and linked so, if you wish, you can go straight to it in the kindle store. Every so often I do and put it on a 'look at later' sort of list.

But the 'popular highlights' are REALLY Annoying. I can't decide if people are highlighting things accidentally or what. But, yeah: it's really distracting and best for me to just keep them off.

Note that, though you have to be IN a book to toggle the setting on/off, once you do, it will be that way for ALL books you open.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you all so much! Exactly where you said, which is the last place I would think to look. I guess I will find out but do you have to turn them off for each book individually?

·
6,138 Posts
Thank you all so much! Exactly where you said, which is the last place I would think to look. I guess I will find out but do you have to turn them off for each book individually?
No, as Ann said above, "though you have to be IN a book to toggle the setting on/off, once you do, it will be that way for ALL books you open."

1 - 9 of 9 Posts