Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any tips for doing this?  I got it in my new cover but it wasn't easy.  The bottom right corner is pretty tight.  Do the corners loosen up a bit with use?

I'm seriously tempted to get a 2nd Oberon but I just don't see myself changing covers very easily judging from getting this one on.

Other than that, I am in love with this Purple ROH cover!

·
Registered
40 Posts
I found it pretty easy. Slide it into the bottom corners while slightly pulling back on the top left one. Then tuck the top left one over. Now do the elastic band.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Raiden333 said:
I found it pretty easy. Slide it into the bottom corners while slightly pulling back on the top left one. Then tuck the top left one over. Now do the elastic band.
Thanks, Raiden. I'll try that. I think I was putting the bottom right corner on last and that's the tightest one.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
If it
DD said:
Any tips for doing this? I got it in my new cover but it wasn't easy. The bottom right corner is pretty tight. Do the corners loosen up a bit with use?

I'm seriously tempted to get a 2nd Oberon but I just don't see myself changing covers very easily judging from getting this one on.

Other than that, I am in love with this Purple ROH cover!
If it stays too tight, you can return it for one that isn't. I know someone here got one that was so tight it was unusable and she returned it. The one she got in return was much better.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
MonaSW said:
If it
If it stays too tight, you can return it for one that isn't. I know someone here got one that was so tight it was unusable and she returned it. The one she got in return was much better.
Thanks, Mona. I'll keep an eye on it.

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
DD said:
Thanks, Raiden. I'll try that. I think I was putting the bottom right corner on last and that's the tightest one.
This is the way I did it also with no problems. I referred back to my instruction sheet and it says to put bottom corners in first, then top left corner, then bungee over right corner. DD they do loosen slightly over time but not enough to affect the security of your Kindle. :)

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Linda Cannon-Mott said:
This is the way I did it also with no problems. I referred back to my instruction sheet and it says to put bottom corners in first, then top left corner, then bungee over right corner. DD they do loosen slightly over time but not enough to affect the security of your Kindle. :)
I tried it the way you and Raiden suggested and it is much easier. Of course, I didn't read the instructions that came with it and should have. Now that I know it will be easier to switch, I'm really tempted to get the Creekbed Maple in green!

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
DD said:
I tried it the way you and Raiden suggested and it is much easier. Of course, I didn't read the instructions that came with it and should have. Now that I know it will be easier to switch, I'm really tempted to get the Cre ekbed Maple in green!
I got Tree of Life and the red River Garden ( I think that is the name ???). I miss the covers of DTB's and the Oberon's make my Kindle feel like a nice leather bound book. I am saving for another. Yes, I am an enabler but learned it here! ;D

·
Registered
377 Posts
Linda Cannon-Mott said:
I miss the covers of DTB's and the Oberon's make my Kindle feel like a nice leather bound book. I am saving for another. Yes, I am an enabler but learned it here! ;D
I am starting to feel this way, too. I LOVE my K2 but miss my book covers.... guess more Oberon covers are in order! ;D

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
gwen10 said:
I am starting to feel this way, too. I LOVE my K2 but miss my book covers.... guess more Oberon covers are in order! ;D
Of course they are Gwen! And for justification they will last a lifetime and only get better with age like all good leather products. ;)

·
Registered
377 Posts
For some of you who have dealt with Oberon for a while, how often do they come out with new designs or add color options for their current designs?  Any hope of a ROH in red, for instance???  :)

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
luvmy4brats said:
I'm waiting for my Purple ROH (should be here tomorrow), and I ordered a red River Garden. Last night on the way home, I decided I NEED a green Creekbed Maple and a blue Butterfly. My poor aching pocketbook...Oh. maybe I need a new cover for my checkbook ???
My next one will be in green, I am debating over which cover I want and I also want ROH at some point and time. Did I say I like Three Graces also? :eek: ???

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
luvmy4brats said:
Oh yeah, Three graces in Wine I think...<sigh> But I do know after seeing my daughter's a must have a green one myself. It's really beautiful.
My green one will be Forest. I was looking at the photos posted by PawLaw in Oberon Covers photos by members and it is gorgeous. Like the wrap around.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
luvmy4brats said:
I'm waiting for my Purple ROH (should be here tomorrow), and I ordered a red River Garden. Last night on the way home, I decided I NEED a green Creekbed Maple and a blue Butterfly. My poor aching pocketbook...Oh. maybe I need a new cover for my checkbook ???
How can yours be arriving tomorrow? Mine is still sitting in San Pablo where its been since March 12. :mad:

L

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Lilly said:
Is it UPS or USPS?
UPS

Leslie that my be the last time it was scanned?
Yes, this is what it says:

Scan History:

3/12/2009 4:41:00 AM UNLOAD SCAN SAN PABLO, CA US
3/11/2009 11:46:00 PM ARRIVAL SCAN SAN PABLO, CA US
3/11/2009 9:13:00 PM DEPARTURE SCAN SANTA ROSA, CA US
3/11/2009 8:38:00 PM ORIGIN SCAN SANTA ROSA, CA US
3/11/2009 6:26:00 PM BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED US

I would think that if it had left San Pablo, it would have been scanned again.

Sigh...

1 - 20 of 29 Posts