Kindle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've never used an e-book reader before getting my Kindle 2.  Even before ordering it I wondered if I would like it and if I could get used to it.  Well, I've gotta tell you, it was love at first use.  I love this little thing! I love the way it looks.  I love the way it feels.  I just find myself enjoying the whole experience.  I can't share this with just everybody, but I thought y'all might understand.    ;)    I can't imagine ever being without this little gadget!

There is one thing though.  When reading a *regular* book, I always slip my finger under the page that's waiting to be turned (IYKWIM).  I keep doing that now with my Kindle -- rubbing the right side trying to "get that page ready for turning."  It's happening less and less.  So far that's the only real adjustment I've had.  Well....other than being really, really glad I got that 3-year Square Deal policy.  I find I treat my Kindle like a paperback and I never realized how casually I treated my paperbacks until now....

·
Super Moderator
67,250 Posts
ellesu said:
I find I treat my Kindle like a paperback and I never realized how casually I treated my paperbacks until now....
Clearly, you should check out our accessories forum and learn about all the cool, pretty, strong, protective covers and skins available. I have an oberon and I love the extra protection I feel like I get from it. I'm not going to toss it across the room or anything, but don't worry to much with it in my purse or briefcase. . . .

Ann

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Glad you're enjoying it!  What are you reading?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Yep, it is definitely an enjoyable experience. a bit different than reading a hard copy, but just as fulfilling.

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
It doesn't take long to get to the point that you become totally immersed in the reading and don't even think about the device.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm reading "Scarpetta."  I like it.  I haven't read Patrica Cornwell in a long time.  I have a couple of books from  Adriana Trigiani's "Big Stone Gap" series waiting and -- a FEW others.    :)

I have been checking out the accessories topic.  Lots of naughty, tempting things there.  ....I'm deciding on colors now.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
ellesu said:
I'm reading "Scarpetta." I like it. I haven't read Patrica Cornwell in a long time. I have a couple of books from Adriana Trigiani's "Big Stone Gap" series waiting and -- a FEW others. :)

I have been checking out the accessories topic. Lots of naughty, tempting things there. ....I'm deciding on colors now.
Is Scarpetta any good? And yes, there are plenty of accessories and many more will be added. K2 is only a few weeks old.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Welcome I'm a first time kindle owner also and I'm loving it.  At first I was a little intimidated but now I'm loving it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts