Kindle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really love like urban legend ghost stories like Bloody Mary, Aren't You Happy You Didn't Turn On The Light?, and the hook in the car door. Any recommendations of some Kindle books that are like that?

·
Registered
3,169 Posts
I realized recently that the hook in the car door story doesn't work any more, car door handles don't have a place for the hook to attach.

I know nothing about this book, and the author needs to correct some mistakes in her product description, and the cover is terrible, and the price is a lot (she does have a publisher, they should have done more to help her) but it came up first when I searched for "urban legend ghosts."

·
Registered
764 Posts
Interesting, I haven't thought of that story in years... sad it doesn't quite work anymore!

I don't know of any specific books that retell such stories, but obviously quite a few horror tales use them as indirect inspiration. I'm quite interested in stories that are about archtype horror situations told in a new and interesting way - although some stories didn't quite work Claire Farrell's short story collection contained a few like this that were quite good.

James

·
Registered
129 Posts
Clive Barker's Candyman is the best urban legend horror that I can think of off the top of my head. For ghost stories though with mythic and folklore resonance, I would recommend reading the ghost stories of M.R. James. These are all available for free on Kindle at the moment.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts