Kindle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I've seen it mentioned on here a few times- which is why I didn't freak out ;D Today I saw "slide power switch to awake from sleep" at the bottom of my screen [dimly] while I was reading. How do I correct ghosting on my K2? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
I wonder why the K2 is ghosting so badly.  The K1 would ghost a little, but when you changed the page it would be gone.  There was never a need to force the ghosting to go away (that I have experienced). 

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
mwvickers said:
I wonder why the K2 is ghosting so badly. The K1 would ghost a little, but when you changed the page it would be gone. There was never a need to force the ghosting to go away (that I have experienced).
I think the K2 is doing more refreshing of just a part of the screen than the K1 did. On the K1, if you look at the bottom bar when you're using Whispernet, you can see the ghost of the "Connecting..." box, or "Items downloaded" after they have gone away.

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Luvmy4brats said:
I found this by doing a search on ghosting. Could you please explain about this? I bought a used Kindle here and noticed that when I turned it completely off, I could see a ghosting of the image.

When do I press the alt+g? at which screen? Thanks so much.

·
Super Moderator
67,245 Posts
Kindle Gracie said:
When do I press the alt+g? at which screen? Thanks so much.
Well, it won't work when a sleep picture is showing because the keyboard is locked. But on any other screen, if you notice ghosting and it bothers you, the alt+g will refresh the screen and should get rid of it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts