Kindle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,826 Posts
That's a nice poster, but I might take issue with Frankenstein being categorised under Regency (although of course technically it is). I'm also not quite sure why Agatha Christie is under three different genres that I can see, and what is the difference between a whodunit and a detective novel. Small points, however.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Jim Johnson said:
Wow, unless I missed it, westerns and weird westerns aren't even included.
You didn't, and that's a big overall category to blow off. My issue is that there doesn't seem to be a space for non-paranormal "urban" fantasy (such as Emma Bull's War For The Oaks and, arguably, Kate Danley's Maggie MacKay books), unless they're getting lumped in with "contemporary".

·
Registered
4,555 Posts
There are some weird ones. His Dark Materials isn't contemporary fantasy, for example. Frankenstein is Science Fiction, but not under SF? I dunno. I think there are better examples, but they were trying to go with "classics" or something and don't really get a lot of the genres.

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Jim Johnson said:
Wow, unless I missed it, westerns and weird westerns aren't even included.
Robert Dahlen said:
You didn't, and that's a big overall category to blow off. My issue is that there doesn't seem to be a space for non-paranormal "urban" fantasy (such as Emma Bull's War For The Oaks and, arguably, Kate Danley's Maggie MacKay books), unless they're getting lumped in with "contemporary".
Michael Parnell said:
Go from the center to the far left to the "Of a Place" category, then go up one block.
Yeah would have been surprised if Western was not there. I mean it is not 100% all inclusive, probably have to be A LOT bigger, but Western would have be a shocking oversight.

·
Registered
84 Posts
That's a really cool poster! I wonder if I could find a way to print off a giant copy of this...

·
Registered
871 Posts
Michael Parnell said:
Time for the Sacketts to ride into town and shoot that poster full of holes. ;)
Love this ^ humour.
Loved the poster too. As this was just too complex to read on the internet for my dyslectic vision, and I wanted to, I just ordered a poster. I love it. I can get lost reading it on the fridge door and forget why I went to the fridge. :). Thanks for sharing.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts