Kindle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I told my husband about people using Amazon gift cards as a budgeting tool, he thinks it's a wonderful idea and wants me to do it.  (I'm not sure why, I'm not the going overboard type.)  So how does one buy a gift card for your own account.  Do you just have the gift card emailed to yourself?

Lara Amber

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
LaraAmber said:
I told my husband about people using Amazon gift cards as a budgeting tool, he thinks it's a wonderful idea and wants me to do it. (I'm not sure why, I'm not the going overboard type.) So how does one buy a gift card for your own account. Do you just have the gift card emailed to yourself?

Lara Amber
Yes. Easy as pie. The email will contain the code. Go to your Amazon account, select "add a gift card" and then type in the code (or copy and paste it from the email). It will show that it has been accepted and what your balance is.

L

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So besides the $50 per month he wants me to put in there, I also got a gift card from my sister and money from his parents for my birthday, plus he wants me to put in the money I get from selling off my DTB. I'm starting off with a $300 balance. And this is supposed to help with self control?

And this is just for books. He didn't say a thing about accessories. ;D

Lara Amber

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
And then, if you sell anything here, ask people to pay you in Amazon gift cards. I sold two Oberon covers and that added a tidy little sum to my gift card balance.

L

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Cowgirl said:
I love using the gift cards because it keeps those little .99/ 1.99 book purchases off my credit card.
I went that route when one evening 2 different attempted charges (one for $0.99 and one for $0.01) were flagged by my card company as potentially fraudulent. Took me half an hour to get it all straightened out. I immediately bought a $20.00 gift card for myself just to keep that stuff from happening again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts