Kindle Forum banner

21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
hazeldazel said:
Gift cards that are bank cards (visa, mastercard, etc) have expiration dates, plus they can fees after they've been open so long even before they expire. :mad: That said, I think it would be nearly impossible to run into that problem with Amazon - between books and other stuff you could buy, that money would go QUICK!
The Amazon Gift Card doesn't have an expiration date that I could find... Of course I have already spent 1/2 of what I add through Coinstar in less than a week!!

·
Registered
325 Posts
I think it may have been me to mention the Coinstar thing over on the Amazon boards a while back. We did it last year with our "spare" change, but got a Circuit City certificate (that particular Coinstar didn't have Amazon as an option). It was nice to get $270 for our change, though.

To me, it seems like a good use for all those coins. I know I'll never get around to actually rolling the coins and taking them to the bank, but feeding them into a machine at a supermarket almost feels like free money.

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Lotus said:
To me, it seems like a good use for all those coins. I know I'll never get around to actually rolling the coins and taking them to the bank, but feeding them into a machine at a supermarket almost feels like free money.
That is how it felt to me... I had almost $110.00 last Thursday and about that much more still in my change bucket. I had already rolled all this change and kept putting off taking it to the bank because it was so heavy. I will take the rest when I use up what I already have on hand, probably before the week is up at the rate I am going!!

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
I used up all the change in my house....Okay time to get a job. My kindle is making me go broke and its taking away my studying time. My addiction is getting worse with the introduction of new book series from you people....By the way I LOVE the True Blood Series Vampyre

·
Registered
795 Posts
Harvey said:
The holiday season is coming! (Maybe it's here already?!) What kinds of accessories would you recommend for Kindle owners?

Or, what's on your own wishlist in terms of Kindle accessories?

[
1. an Oberon kindle cover;
2. a Decalgirl skin;
3. a small bottle of screen cleaner;
4. a Waterfield Designs travel case;
5. a mighty bright in a funky color

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
I was of the understanding that gift cards could no longer have expiration dates or charge fees when not used within a certain period of time.  Am I mistaken on that assumption?  

·
Registered
795 Posts
Oh! Add to my previous list a universal adapter for the charger (so it can be used when traveling outside the US); an extra SD card; and a waterproof cover. Can you tell that I absolutely love making lists??!?

Who else can think of a few stocking stuffers that Santa could provide for kindlers?

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
Wisteria Clematis said:
Oh! Add to my previous list a universal adapter for the charger (so it can be used when traveling outside the US); an extra SD card; and a waterproof cover. Can you tell that I absolutely love making lists??!?

Who else can think of a few stocking stuffers that Santa could provide for kindlers?
I love my iGo adaptor that's good for car and home and has tips for all my other electronic devices so I only have to have one...

Betsy

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
luvmy4brats said:
I got one for my car that is similar and even got a splitter so I can charge 2 devices at once.
I've had an iGo for years... It can charge indoors, in a car, or on a plane, and I have tips for all of my gadgets, including the Kindle.

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
luvmy4brats said:
Betsy,

This is great. I got one for my car that is similar and even got a splitter so I can charge 2 devices at once.
Yep, I have the splitter too...

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Note: this cable has not been certified to work with a Kindle. This is an off-label product. That said, I have one and have been using it for 2 months without any problem.

The USB cable that comes with the Kindle will not trickle charge the Kindle according to many people. I have heard of 3 people who have gone on trips with only the USB, thinking it will charge (like an iPhone or iPod) and their Kindles were dead within 24 hours.

This particular cable is designed to charge a Palm Tungsten E/Zire 31. It will also work with a Kindle--based on articles I have read and my own experience. I bought one in September and it works great.

When I bought it, I got it at Amazon for 99 cents. Now it is selling for $98! But it came to me directly from eforcity where you can buy it for the more reasonable price of $5.99 (it seems that the 99 cent bargain is gone forever).

Palm Tungsten E/Zire 31 charging cable

A reasonably priced stocking stuffer, if you ask me.

L

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Betsy the Quilter said:
I love my iGo adaptor that's good for car and home and has tips for all my other electronic devices so I only have to have one...

Betsy
Count me as another iGo lover. It powers all my electronics including my computer when I'm on the road. I keep it in a case and just move the case from suitcase to suitcase, that way I don't have to remember where it is when I pack. I have the splitter so I can charge my Kindle and something else. Great Christmas gift.

·
Registered
4,900 Posts
drenee said:
I was of the understanding that gift cards could no longer have expiration dates or charge fees when not used within a certain period of time. Am I mistaken on that assumption?
drenee, gift card regulations do vary from state to state. When there was talk about regulations a few years ago, Illinois (where I am) did not allow expiration dates of or deduction of fees from gift cards. But regulations can change. Check your state's legislation.

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
Even more importantly, check the fine print on the gift card you purchase!

Better yet, do what I do and spend that sucker immediately!

Betsy

·
Registered
147 Posts
Angela,

If you take all that to coinstar, with a $40 in coin, you get an additional $10 for amazon.  Better than rolling it all up!

21 - 40 of 50 Posts