Kindle Forum banner

What is your favorite Girl Scout cookie this year?

• Do-Si-Dos

Votes: 11 9.8%
  • Dulce de Leche

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • Lemon Chalet Cremes

Votes: 9 8.0%
  • Samoas

Votes: 31 27.7%
  • Sugar-Free Chocolate Chips

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Tagalongs

Votes: 11 9.8%
  • Thin Mints

Votes: 44 39.3%
  • Trefoils

Votes: 3 2.7%
1 - 20 of 204 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought Thin Mints were the greatest things in the world--that is, until I tried frozen Thin Mints! Just bought two boxes from my little cousin yesterday. Unfortunately, I have to eat them unfrozen because I share a kitchen with three roommates, and if I keep my cookies in the communal freezer, I know I'll never see them again.

·
Super Moderator
67,556 Posts
Britt said:
Just bought two boxes from my little cousin yesterday.
Only two boxes? :D I think I bought a total of about 8. Plus 8 Samoas which are hubby's favorite . . .actually I think you should make the poll so we can select up to 3 kinds. I like the PB sandwich ones. . .are they the do-si-dos?. . . and the Tagalongs too. The neighborhood scouts all know that I'll buy from any girl that asks. (Actually, I'll buy something from any kid who comes around and asks: I hated having to do it as a kid and don't want to make it any harder on them than it has to be by not buying from them . . . ) This year I spent around $63 total on GS cookies.

I agree. . .frozen are best. . . .

Ann

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ann Von Hagel said:
Only two boxes? :D I think I bought a total of about 8. Plus 8 Samoas which are hubby's favorite . . .actually I think you should make the poll so we can select up to 3 kinds. I like the PB sandwich ones. . .are they the do-si-dos?. . . and the Tagalongs too. The neighborhood scouts all know that I'll buy from any girl that asks. (Actually, I'll buy something from any kid who comes around and asks: I hated having to do it as a kid and don't want to make it any harder on them than it has to be by not buying from them . . . ) This year I spent around $63 total on GS cookies.

I agree. . .frozen are best. . . .

Ann
Bought 2 for my bf, but yes, only 2 for myself. I definitely would have bought more if I could keep them in the freezer! Yes, Do-Si-Dos are the PB sandwich ones. Tagalongs are probably my second favorite, with Trefoils in third :) I clicked edit poll but I don't see an option to change the number of votes allowed :-\

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Anne said:
I wish I knew someone who sold girl scout cookies.
You can ask your hair dresser, or someone else in the community, if they know someone who is selling. Or if you look in your local paper, they often advertise a phone number you can call to place an order.

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
drenee said:
You can ask your hair dresser, or someone else in the community, if they know someone who is selling. Or if you look in your local paper, they often advertise a phone number you can call to place an order.
Thanks I just left info on their web site for someone to call me about the cookies.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
sylvia said:
why only buy two, they freeze nicely. Defrost quickly (if you can wait) and ready for any event.
Sylvia
I can't freeze them because I share a freezer with my roommates and I know they will get eaten. :(

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
drenee said:
I've seen Girl Scouts selling cookies outside grocery stores and libraries, on college campuses, etc. I'm sure there are some around.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Gruntman said:
Which ones are the short bread kind? They're my favorite, I just tell the girl who knocks on my door to give me three of them.
Those are Trefoils :)

·
Registered
383 Posts
I really can't decide between Thin Mint and Soamoa.  
But voted for Thin Mints because that is the favorite of the other 5 in my house!

BTW:  TWO boxes? You must be kidding!  I just offer $20 to every scout that knocks, plus buy more from the girls at school and the grocery store!
Don't even WANT to know how many boxes I buy by the end of the cookie season!

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
mmm, Girl Scout cookies...  Back when I was a scout, my folks would buy CASES of cookies from me. I wasn't that found of the Trifolds, but can't complain too much when Mom packs your school lunch in the fall and you still have GS cookies!!!

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
OOOO Cookies!!!! LOL

I love tagalongs and Lemon Chalets.....those are the ones I bought this year! I also love thin mints [frozen YUM] but we found some at the dollar store that taste exactly the same so we buy ours there.......plus we can get them year round!

·
Registered
493 Posts
Anne said:
I wish I knew someone who sold girl scout cookies.
I usually go down to the local Weight Watchers meeting and look for the shady character hangin' out in the alley, sidle up to him and whisper, "Hey man, can ya hook me up? I need a fix...". Works every time.

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Encender Vaquero said:
I usually go down to the local Weight Watchers meeting and look for the shady character hangin' out in the alley, sidle up to him and whisper, "Hey man, can ya hook me up? I need a fix...". Works every time.
Hmmm...I thought those guys in the alley were pushing Krispy Kremes.

1 - 20 of 204 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.